X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid computer tricks

Darwin strikes again!

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Stupid computer tricks

The couple inside the Hummer escaped the 8:30 a.m. collision with bumps and bruises,
    no duh!

And as for doing other things in the car other than driving while the vehicle is moving, that's why you have a passenger! (or get one). Tonight, I drove around town with my siblings and whenever my phone rang, I let my cousin (who was sitting in the passenger seat) check/answer my phone. The only time my hands left the wheel was at stop lights (then I shift into park).
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

When I was on the mainland, i was tempted to get a gps device for my laptop with audible driving instructions. I don't really need such a thing anymore. Maybe he was too lazy to print out google maps instructions for his destination. Yup, better get a human navigator!

I have also heard of a thing called "war driving" or "stumbling" where you drive around and look for open wireless networks. But again..let the passenger do it!

Comment

Originally posted by alohatim View Post
        I have also heard of a thing called "war driving" or "stumbling" where you drive around and look for open wireless networks. But again..let the passenger do it!
        I believe there was a competition or something like that a year or two ago where teams went out all over oahu and collected data on which wifi signal was secure or not.

But I have a wifi signal locator keyfob on my work keys, so when I go somewhere with my laptop I look if I can find a wifi signal. If it does, then I'll bust out my laptop (this is when I'm walking around) and see if its secured.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
          I believe there was a competition or something like that a year or two ago where teams went out all over oahu and collected data on which wifi signal was secure or not.

But I have a wifi signal locator keyfob on my work keys, so when I go somewhere with my laptop I look if I can find a wifi signal. If it does, then I'll bust out my laptop (this is when I'm walking around) and see if its secured.

A wifi locator key fob...now THAT's the epitome of Geek! Now if they can cram it down onto a watch with an OLED display and USB thumbdrive that would be the watch we've all been wanting as THE most geeky
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            A wifi locator key fob...now THAT's the epitome of Geek! Now if they can cram it down onto a watch with an OLED display and USB thumbdrive that would be the watch we've all been wanting as THE most geeky
            *raises his bawls for a toast*

Comment

Working...
            X