ISPs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ISPs?

You can get "Road Runner Lite" from Oceanic.

They don't advertise it or post it on their website, but it is available if you ask them on the phone.

Normally they charge $29.95 plus installation. If you are already a cable TV customer the price is $24.95/month and you can do a free self install.

Not near as fast as regular Road Runner, but $20 bucks cheaper; still 13 times faster than dialup and good enough for VOIP.

If you go through the following link you can get it for about $19.95/month the first year with free installation and no contract.

https://highspeed.aol.com/

Road Runner High Speed Online 768K Disclaimer:
    Time Warner Cable Offer Details: Offer is open to new residential consumers, 18 or older, in areas serviced by Road Runner. Road Runner High Speed Online 768K service costs $19.95/month for the first 12 months, standard service price applies after the promotional period, and will be billed by Time Warner Cable. Unless stated above, prices exclude installation fees and taxes. Your service speed for Road Runner is 768/128 kbps. Actual speeds may vary. Offer valid for installations scheduled by 3/31/2007. Road Runner reserves the right to discontinue any feature or offer at any time. All rights reserved.

Comment

Originally posted by guest8z8 View Post
      [FONT=Arial]If you go through the following link you can get it for about $19.95/month the first year
      Careful about those "for the first year" or "first 3 months". I always ignore that and then ask what's the cost after that.

Comment

Any chance of getting a business connection? How fa$t are those? Anyone out there juggling two broadband connections?

Comment

Originally posted by reineke View Post
          Any chance of getting a business connection? How fa$t are those? Anyone out there juggling two broadband connections?
          http://hawaii.twcbc.com/HAWAII/sec_u...D=2317&VID=494
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

Thanks, hawaiithreads people are such a helpful bunch. I see I'd be paying four times what I'm paying now for half the performance.

Comment

Originally posted by reineke View Post
              Thanks, hawaiithreads people are such a helpful bunch. I see I'd be paying four times what I'm paying now for half the performance.
              Here is one more helpful nugget. Apparently Road Runner Turbo is available here in Hawaii for additional 9.95 a month (on top of 44.95). It is 8Mbps/512K.
              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
              The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
              X