No announcement yet.

Those who work on this Memorial Day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those who work on this Memorial Day...

WOP YO' JAW!

Being a bum at home for 3 days is one of the greatest feelings in the world.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Those who work on this Memorial Day...

Rub it in!
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

With an exception for the two years I was not in town, EVERY Memorial Day weekend since 1985 has found me participating in the Northwest Folklife Festival at Seattle Center. I produced live radio broadcasts there from 1985-1998, and been a performer each year since 2001. 36 years of festivals, still FREE, and drawing around 200,000 people. We had a slack key show on the radio stage back in 1993, and it was made into the festival's most successful CD to date, sadly out-of-print.

It's also the anniversary for the AF and me, as our first three dates were at the festival in 1995; now commemorated by a tile on the Center grounds.

Then I take the day after the festival off; that would be today.

Comment

One of my kids is up in that area for the Sasquatch festival.
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
          One of my kids is up in that area for the Sasquatch festival.
          Beastie Boys & Bjork, baby. Hope they had a good time!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
            WOP YO' JAW!

Being a bum at home for 3 days is one of the greatest feelings in the world.
            wow, thanks mikey......yadaah yadaah yeaddahh!!!
            sigpic

Comment

That's okay Mike, I get Friday Saturday and Sunday off, every week.

This past Monday at Home Depot Hilo was busy but I don't mind as we sold a bunch of grills over the weekend so we made a lot of people happy (especially since we gave away free propane gas with each grill purchase) and we gave a 10% discount for all current and former military personnel.

Heck we made lotsa money over the Memorial weekend (our second biggest sale weekend each year) so my success sharing check will reflect that. So yeah I had to work but at least we got paid too, and kala in da pocket is better than none at all.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                That's okay Mike, I get Friday Saturday and Sunday off, every week.

This past Monday at Home Depot Hilo was busy but I don't mind as we sold a bunch of grills over the weekend so we made a lot of people happy (especially since we gave away free propane gas with each grill purchase) and we gave a 10% discount for all current and former military personnel.

Heck we made lotsa money over the Memorial weekend (our second biggest sale weekend each year) so my success sharing check will reflect that. So yeah I had to work but at least we got paid too, and kala in da pocket is better than none at all.
                I was talking to this dude who works at HD over here, and he said a "qualifier" has the worst job in the store. What the heck is that?
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                  I was talking to this dude who works at HD over here, and he said a "qualifier" has the worst job in the store. What the heck is that?
                  That's true. A qualifier is an associate who's sole job is to hustle credit applications. They have a quota and if they don't meet it...it's a reflection on their performance evaluation. And we all know if you have a poor performance evaluation...yup it is THE worst job there.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                  X