Prices rise higher in Honolulu than anywhere else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices rise higher in Honolulu than anywhere else

Prices in Honolulu rose 5.9% in 2006 over the previous year, which is nearly double the increase in any other US city, according to a report issued by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The average inflation rate in other U.S. cities for the same period was 3.2 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Wednesday. The rate for West Coast cities was 3.1 percent.

...Gasoline prices up 15 percent
    Utilities up 13.1 percent
    Grocery prices up 3.9 percent
    Food away from home up 5.4 percent
    Apparel up 1.9 percent
    Recreation up 3.4 percent
    Education and communication down .3 percent
    Household furnishings down 1.5 percent
    Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Prices rise higher in Honolulu than anywhere else

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
    Prices in Honolulu rose 5.9% in 2006 over the previous year, which is nearly double the increase in any other US city, according to a report issued by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Miulang
    One of my kids asked for an increase in allowance to keep in line with inflation. I told them, "We feed, clothe, shelter, and medicate you for free, why in the world do you need an increase". Apparently it's for discretionary spending. I said, "well then be more discretionary with your spending."

One told me he wanted to go on the school trip to Arizona. I told him okay start fundraising the $835. He asked how come we couldn't just pay for it. I looked at him in the eyes (he's 11-years old) and told him the value of $835...one PS3 and an X-Box 360. He gulped and realized just how expensive that trip was for him not to fundraise.

I said for all the trips to Maui, Oahu and now Arizona his school wants to take him on, I could have had my Jumbotron HDTV in our living room by now.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
    X