Ewa Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ewa Beach

Cana someone tell me if this is a safe area to live? I have found several homes I am interested in but am unfamiliar with Ewa Beach and schools for a 5 and a 13 year old. Also, does anyone recommend an Information Technology company to work for? Thanks!

Re: Ewa Beach

Search the forum for similar questions. Others have asked about neighborhoods, including Ewa Beach.

If you want to have an IT job, make sure to get the job before you get on that plane. Or be willing to compromise on what counts as an IT career! Also a previously asked question.

Comment

Thanks for the links and your response. Although I would love to continue to do IT work as I do now, I will keep pursuing a position with my current organization. I will settle for an admin job as it will be our household second income.

Comment

I've lived in Ewa for the past three years and it can be a fine place to live. But keep in mind that different areas of Ewa are vastly different than others. You'll find houses that range from old & humble to near mansions. Expect to pay $500k and up for a house the nicer (middle class) areas in Ewa. Some streets can have wildly different values. On my street there are houses listed from $490k to $675k. If I was buying today I would look into some of the Ocean Point houses that are turning over...only five years old (or less).

Comment

This is a resource I received. Can you tell me whether the area these are located are decent?

1. First Choice: http://www.islandprodesign.com/admin.../EB/EB0874.JPG

2. Second Choice: http://www.islandprodesign.com/admin.../EB/EB0870.JPG

3. Third Choice: http://www.islandprodesign.com/admin.../EB/EB0742.JPG

This is the site I looked on Oahu, Ewa beach, or you can also find them on the leeward area:

http://www.rentalsillustrated.com/index.php

Comment

1 and 3 look like Ocean Pointe homes...? I think Ocean Pointe is a good area. I mean, I'd be happy to live there. We toured their model homes when we first got here. They're fairly nice.

Comment

Thanks. Ocean Pointe, I will keep that in mind.

Comment

ʻEwa? Too hot, too dry, and too far from Honolulu, says the townie.

Comment

gimme makaha, laie, nort shore... kailua, even..
                  I love anything too far from Honolulu says the countrie.

Comment

Ewa Beach Question

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...try=us&level=7

I was looking at the map contained within the link above and I don't know what is a safe area. I have 2 children who are in elementary and middle school. I am not familiar with the neighborhood. Help!

Comment

well, hell. I'd say

parish dr.

and akua (god) street may well do!

Comment

Re: Ewa Beach Question

Originally posted by OahuGirl View Post
                        http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...try=us&level=7

I was looking at the map contained within the link above and I don't know what is a safe area. I have 2 children who are in elementary and middle school. I am not familiar with the neighborhood. Help!
                        That looks like Ocean Pointe...

Comment

Personally, I love #1 & #2. The homes in these two photos have appeal and design style. I like the window moldings.

Also, Ewa Beach has some serious golfing! I think there's like 5-6 courses located in Ewa Beach. When hubby and I were there over the holiday, we golfed at Coral Creek and Barber's Point GC's.
                          Lovena

Comment

well...

I can tell you that the entrance to the Hawaii Prince GC and that big space directly across from it on the map are under construction and Ft. Weaver, during the day, in the southbound lane (aka the lane you'll be in to come home) goes to 1 lane, which normally isn't much of a problem. It opens back up in the evenings tho.

You'll be around the corner from some of Ewa Beach's finest dining chains: KFC, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Subway, Burger King, Pizza Hut and Boston Pizza! Star Market and more stuff (like food, vet, pet store) are in the shopping center around the corner, along with the post office, an expensive gas station, 2 elementary schools, middle and high schools. Foodland/Longs and the other shopping center are off of Geiger and Ft Weaver. Zippy's and the other gas station are further up past Foodland. If you want to go to Safeway, Take Geiger Rd to Kapolei and Safeway is in that shopping center right there (along with more little shops and food places that are good).

The neighborhood itself is probably pretty good cuz it's in Ocean Pointe - do we get to come and watch sports on the 60-inch tv that's in the listing? But it's the people that don't live in the neighborhood you're gonna want to worry about - you know, the people who want to take your stuff and spread it around the island, and I dont think you can really avoid that anywhere down here. I can take pictures if you want - I live on the otherside of Ft. Weaver off of North Road, but I imagine it'll just be a nice neighborhood with houses that look just like that one.

Comment

It's been a few days since anyone posted on your question but I thought I'd throw my two cents worth in. We moved here in August (we're originally from San Antonio) and rented a house in Ewa Beach. We live in one of the Ewa by Gentry neighborhoods one stop light away from Ocean Pointe. We looked at a few houses in Ocean Pointe and it was a very nice area but we needed to be able to park three cars and that was an issue. We have been happy in Ewa Beach except for the very congested traffic on Fort Weaver Road. It moves pretty steadily but there is simply no way around it. The morning commute up to H1 leaving at 6:00 a.m. will take around 20 minutes. With no traffic you're looking at about 10. It's the same thing coming home in the afternoon - anytime after about 3:00 until about 7:30. Other than that we really like it here. Everything is so convenient and our neighborhood is nice. I'm not aware of any crime issues where I live, although I'm sure there are some. We are moving in a couple of months up the hill to Makakilo. We found a new house, still under construction, that we feel is a good deal. Ewa can be pretty warm and we're hoping it will be cooler up the hill.

Good luck to you and please e-mail me if you have any other questions I can help you with since I recently went through the moving process myself.

I love it here and hope to stay for many years. I think the people are friendly and I have been very impressed with how things are run here. Prices are high and traffic can be an issue but there are always trade offs in life. I had a great house on over 1/2 an acre in Goldsboro, North Carolina but the nearest Starbucks was 50 miles away!

Blessings,
                              Tina

Comment

Working...
                              X