• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angela Keen leaving KHNL

This isn't really about RY, but about KHNL. Another one bites the dust:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...861923547.html

Angela Keen "taking leave."

Re: Russell Yamanoha quitting KHNL

hi this is sansei and when i read the link to the honolulu advertiser,i didnt realize that Angela keen Was Leaving Khnl and it make's me sad since i've known her since her Kgmb day's and i've been her no 1 viewer since then and when she went to Khnl so i'll truly miss her as someother's who left Kgmb at the time.

I Thought to share my Thought's with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Wow what a trippy thread this turned into.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
        Wow what a trippy thread this turned into.
        yeah little did i know where this thread would go, when i started it. on a separate note, i am sorry to see Angie leaving television. she's a true professional, a great person and a big loss for khnl. hopefully we'll see her pop up elsewhere in the near future.

Comment

hi this is sansei and my apologies to the member who started this thread only i thought to contribute on what i know of the media people and i didnt mean any harm and im still feeling the sad effect of Angela keen leaving Khnl and i do hope someday she turn's up with either Khnl or back at Kgmb.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

From a previous thread a loooong time ago (who knows when.. I'm too lazy to look for the thread).. is it true that KHNL isn't a very decent place to work at?

And maybe that's the reason why Jodi Leong went back to KITV, Dave Erickson (former KHNL reporter) quit in just less than a year, or even Lisa Kubota going to KGMB?

Also, it just seems fishy to me that Angela Keen just got "de"-moted from being a morning anchor to just a morning weather anchor, and then decides to take time off. Just a coincidence she made that decision to leave? Or is it also something behind the scenes that we don't know about.....

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
              From a previous thread a loooong time ago (who knows when.. I'm too lazy to look for the thread).. is it true that KHNL isn't a very decent place to work at?

And maybe that's the reason why Jodi Leong went back to KITV, Dave Erickson (former KHNL reporter) quit in just less than a year, or even Lisa Kubota going to KGMB?

Also, it just seems fishy to me that Angela Keen just got "de"-moted from being a morning anchor to just a morning weather anchor, and then decides to take time off. Just a coincidence she made that decision to leave? Or is it also something behind the scenes that we don't know about.....

I don't know what happened with Angela, she is a great person and Im sorry to see her leave...but from past experience it is usually no coincidence that someone decides to leave a station shortly after losing an anchor position.

Comment

Is KHNL not a nice place to work at?
                Think About It.

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post

Wasn't Lyle Galdera on "leave" before he left KHNL to go into real estate or something as well?

I hope "on leave" isn't KHNL's version of the executive branch's "spending more time with family"

Comment

How long has Angela's father been ill?
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Re: Angela Keen leaving KHNL

hi this is sansei and in response to random,Angela's father hasnt been well since her kgmb day's when she was the health reporter and reporter and i feel for her since i've known her since she was there and i've actually met her in person when they had the Food and new Product's show and that's when they would bring out the anchor's and reporter's at kgmb and even mahealani just joined kgmb and the leave of remember reporter Geneva Chin well now she live's in San Francisco and i've spoken with her when i visited there and she's happily married with a Child so i hope this may help with your thought's?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        Is KHNL not a nice place to work at?
                        Think About It.
                        khnl's owner raycom owns a lot of media in the south and i hear the employees in that part of the country are pretty happy about their respective newsrooms. apparently it's different in honolulu.

Comment

hi this is sansei and sorry moderator mel,i thought to post one kind update on Angela keen and she i read on EE's Buzz column that she has another job working in the private sector and her dr requested it since she wont be going to sleep as the same time as her adopted daughter and she can sleep at the time she require's and that she doesnt need to get up at early morning hour's so i thought to share this update with you our moderator and the member's here. i believe this ee buzz column was in this yesterday morning's paper.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i have one update more that angela is working in the private sector only i learned that i wouldnt be able to keep in touch with her since she's not working on tv anymore and that she requested for me to keep up my good thought's for the sunrise crew since they are a fresh and New Morning show and she'd mentioned that she'd keep me and my family in her prayer's and no one is able to keep in touch with her any longer since she's not an anchor or reporter so i thought to share this with our moderator mel and everyone here.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i just learned when you read this morning's buzz column by miss E that Angela keen is suing Khnl for breach of contract and she was demoted from Anchor in the morning to Her departure and she was supposed to be the full time morning weather anchor and reporter only they let her go and that Mr D dennison news director couldnt be reached for comment so i thought to share this with everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X