*&!#@KHON at it Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *&!#@KHON at it Again

Hmmm.. I wonder what's up with KHON? First it was their Let's Go Fishing using the f-word. Now it's their news at 5pm on Monday. Clear/readable sign being held by protesting crowd " F...the Ferry". Easily edited to avoid... someone over there must be getting their jollies with four letter words.

Re: *&!#@KHON at it Again

any way to see the video?

it happens sometimes

Comment

was it a live thing? Even in the 5-10second lag in a live broadcast things can squeek by.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Nope not live.. video from what 4 days ago.. home movie stuff at the pier (still an easy edit to fix). Maybe we'll get to see it again at 10p. Of course live is different all together in that you don't have control of the scene (KHON live is "live" in that there is no 5 sec delay...like radio). Unless they have revised broadcast law to reflect the ..."younger generations" MTV attitude about broadcasting (while confusing it with cablecasting).. KHON had full control of the video and as such full responsibility.

Comment

Wasn't there some ruling or something that the F-word was no longer considered obscene? Something about it being common and if our past presidents have used it in their conversations .....

Not that I want the see the word intruding into my home.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
            Wasn't there some ruling or something that the F-word was no longer considered obscene? Something about it being common and if our past presidents have used it in their conversations .....
            I sincerely doubt it - but I'd be as curious as anyone to see such a ruling's citation, if it existed. But I truly can't imagine such a ruling getting by the current lineup of moral censors at the FCC; they don't even permit the leeway for live events that they did just a few years back.

I remember watching network coverage of the Republican National Convention many years back, and as a camera passed along the crowd, being able to read a hand-lettered anti-Carter/Mondale sign that said: "GRITZ AND FRITZ GIVE ME THE SHITZ." I believe the floor-director probably read it at the same speed I did, as the camera shot changed at the same moment I finished reading the sign.

Comment

KHON 6pm, Sunday 10-7-07

Anyone see the very first shot to start the show?

It was a freeze frame of a Chinese acrobat with his butt sticking up in the air and facing the camera.

It stays there for several seconds as the anchor reads about the top story... The Governor is heading to China

Comment

Working...
              X