OC16 Myth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC16 Myth?

I have been checking out local program development for local cable. OC 16 seems to be a very "network looking" outlet for developing shows. However I hear that there are strict limits on advertising as well as a concervative POV to deal with.

Does anybody have an idea on what these advertising limitations are? Or is the just another rumor?

Thanks,

TY
    Last edited by mel; August 23, 2004, 07:24 AM.

Re: OC16 Myth?

I have at least heard of restrictions on beer commercials, such as Budweiser and locally-produced Steinlager spots. On the plus side, there is a concerted effort to raise the bar on the programming that will be seen as far as production values and content. Don't know any concrete details per se, but longtime staples such as Tiny TV and Local Kine Grindz could be moving to non-primetime showings.

Comment

Re: OC16 Myth?

Originally posted by tvguy
      Don't know any concrete details per se, but longtime staples such as Tiny TV and Local Kine Grindz could be moving to non-primetime showings.
      Yes, I have heard the same. But is the diff between locally produced alcohol spots and national? Is is just the fact that it's an OC16 call? Or is it that the programming is not up to speed to get the beer company to buy in?

As for Tiny and Local Kine, are they slipping down the pole due to better programs that are up and running?

TY

Comment

Working...
      X