KHON Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHON Website

I noticed that KHON has unveiled a new look to their website (http://www.khon2.com) now that Montecito took over. To be honest, I really don't like it. The previous layout was much better.

Re: KHON Website

Ooh. Yuck. I agree. Looks like web design circa 2002. Look at those klunky tables... it's about as exciting as an Excel spreadsheet. A scrolling ticker? Sheesh. And look at the "Breaking News" box. It features a fragment of the story but no link to read the rest. The old design, done by the same local firm that did the KGMB site, was much, much nicer.

But hey, there's a feed. Not sure if I ever noticed one before. Something to add to Google Reader.

ETA: Oops. Spoke to soon. That feed's busted. Looks like on the local TV news side, only KITV has got RSS down pat.
    Last edited by pzarquon; October 16, 2006, 01:27 PM.

Comment

What I don't like is the centered website, with the black and white gradient background. On my desktop, I can see that on the sides, but its not that visible on my laptop.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Yucky indeed.

Looks like someone's ICS 101L project.
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Really the only positive thing you can say about it is the site has video clips now. Otherwise, it’s pretty gawd-awful. Yikes!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

If you want to know why their website falls a little short, take a look at their corporate owners website. http://www.sjlbroadcastmanagementcorp.com/links.html

Comment

Working...
            X