Thank goodness for KITV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank goodness for KITV

I just want to give props to KITV for having a live stream from their website (http://www.thehawaiichannel.com) covering the earthquake incidents. I'm on the mainland (for college) and I don't have a tv right now, so I'm glad that I caught the news on the net. It's good to 'see' how everything is going back home.

Re: Thank goodness for KITV

I, too, thought it was great that they were "broadcasting" online, even without local transmitting or cable power. Not that many locals could benefit from their efforts, but from the e-mails I was getting from around the world, they were pretty much the place to be for information for much of the day.

They weren't "online" as fast as a couple of radio stations, but AFAIK, they beat the other television stations by a country mile.

Comment

One of the weirdest demands for information we got in the Star-Bulletin newsroom yesterday was from Fox News --- all they wanted to know was if Don Ho was OK!
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

The websites tell the story: KITV, followed by KHNL. KHON's site is sparse, with barely any earthquake mention -- but better than KGMB, which has nothing.

Comment

Re: Earthquake Coverage

Tonight on the 6PM News on KITV, they showed a clip of Jon Stewart's Daily show.Whom showed clip of the KITV day long
          earthquake coverage where someone said over the intercom "there is a available toilet on the 9th floor" during the broadcast. Bear in mind this was shown on CNN too.. Too funny
          Last edited by Konaguy; October 17, 2006, 06:44 PM.
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

Re: Earthquake Coverage

I found that Jon Stewart clip here
            under Quake Bathroom Break
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

KITV has the video up on their site as well. Funny stuff.

Comment

That's hilarious. Glad they enjoyed the extra attention.

I hadn't browsed their online video library in a while. They've also got a Mahealani Richardson blooper excerpted for your viewing enjoyment.

Comment

Still rolling. I was watching "The Daily Show" that night and it totally caught me off guard. Kudos to KITV for putting it on their own website.

Comment

Working...
                  X