Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPN and WarnerBrothers merging to make MYN

UPN and WarnerBrothers merging to make MYN

WB or UPN affiliate will be changing over to My Network (MYN). This is related to the merger of UPN & WB into the CW starting on 9/18....

Anyone know how this will affect our local affiliates?
    Last edited by mel; September 4, 2006, 04:47 AM. Reason: Retitling thread

Re: UPN and WarnerBrothers merging to make MYN

KFVE's already been advertising the new MY Network programs - the ones modeled after the 13 episode novelas. I'm not happy with this.

I remember reading Erika's column a few months back and was wondering if there had been any progress toward finding the CW a home in Honolulu. According to this, Honolulu is the largest market without a signed affiliate.

I'm a big Gilmore Girls fan, and there's word that this season may be the final GG season there is, especially since their head writers have already left. I don't know what'll do without my GG, One Tree Hill, Veronica Mars, and America's Next Top Model!
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

MyNetwork TV on KFVE

This thread is being revised to focus on the discussion of KFVE TV being the new network affiliate for MyNetwork TV.

Here is the main website link to MyNetwork TV:

http://www.mynetworktv.com/

Beware of slow loading flash intro on main page.

So, is anyone interested in what will air on KFVE's new network? At this time I'm not. Seems like the network is aimed toward young women, which could become a problem if network fare is pre-empted a lot by continuing coverage of UH Sports.

Discussion for CW is on this thread:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=10070
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I don't know if I am way off base about this, I thought MyNewtork, is actually a creation of FOX? Once WB and UPN announced their merger plans a while ago, FOX created MyNetwork to grab up either the UPN or WB affiliate in each market that was going to be left out in the cold becuase of the merger. Also wasn't Honolulu one of the only markets, that ended up without a CW affiliate?

Aloha,
        DXer

Comment

Yes, MyNetworkTV is part of the NewsCorp conglomerate, which also owns Fox News and Fox TV among many other media firms. So far Hawaii doesn't have a CW station.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
          X