This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KGMB bid story in today's PBN

Anyone read today's PBN on bid to buy KGMB that has gotten no response? Interesting stuff! First time I heard of this…

Re: KGMB bid story in today's PBN

Originally posted by Maduro
    Anyone read today's PBN on bid to buy KGMB that has gotten no response? Interesting stuff! First time I heard of this…
    Whose bid? Is there a weblink to the story? More info, if you please...

Comment

It's not on their website. =( But the story says a group with Hawaii ties put a $35M bid which got no response. You may have to go find yourself a copy of PBN.

Comment

I asked my husband about this, he said if it's not a recent bid thats old news

Comment

Originally posted by foolish heart
          if it's not a recent bid thats old news
          hmmmm. sounds... logical.
          "if it is not recent it is old."
          yea. sounds about right.

Comment

We have a scholar in our midst!

Can I kiss your feet? Am I worthy?

Comment

Essentially, the article proves the point I made in the “OHA bids on KGMB” thread. The statement made by Oz Stender that OHA was the only local bidder was laughable, ignorant, and disingenuous. Basically, I lost a lot of respect for the guy. He was trying to influence the board and the public opinion by making a statement he knew was probably false.

As the Pacifc Business News article says, this group made a formal bid more than a month ago — before OHA considered an offer. But that’s besides the point. There are single individuals who reside in Hawai‘i who could offer three times as much money then the local hui associated with Rick Blangiardi. And OHA’s bid would have been even lower than that.

You gotta ask yourself: What were Stender and Rowena Akana really up to?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

You gotta ask yourself: What were Stender and Rowena Akana really up to?
                they were up to making an investment because what are they going to do with the hundreds of millions they have in the bank if Sam Slom and people of like mind and nationa funds able to hire professional lobbyists, succeed in busting KSchools, OHA, DHHL? All their assets will be taken away. They might as well spend that money on revenue generating investments so they can fight what may be an inevitable end to Hawaiian programs. Why think that they are any different than any other organiization that has to sustain itself? Just because they're Hawaiian? Why is it that locals don't support locals and yet we sit back and watch mainland companies run amok buying up our state?

Comment

Originally posted by bcliquot
                  Why is it that locals don't support locals and yet we sit back and watch mainland companies run amok buying up our state?
                  I don’t think anyone said locals don’t support locals, just not OHA - a state agency. I would fully support the local hui below, and if you read my previous posts carefully, that was my point.

Group says it bid $35 million for KGMB

A group with strong ties to Hawaii is offering to buy KGMB-TV for more than $35 million from its Indiana-based owner, Emmis Communications Corp.

The group made the offer a month ago but so far has not received a response.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Tunnl you're from the mainland aren't you?

Confess!

Comment

Nope, born in Tamuning, Guam. Raised in Kāne‘ohe. Pure 100% island boy.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                        And schooled by Manoa

Comment

I don't think you are from Guam... confess.

Comment

Originally posted by foolish heart
                            I don't think you are from Guam... confess.
                            I don’t think you are a woman... Confess.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

I don’t think you are a woman... Confess.
                              So if I am a mahu does that make a difference? *wink*

Comment

Working...
                              X