No announcement yet.

The changing face of Hawaii TV news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The changing face of Hawaii TV news?

Originally posted by foolish heart
    btw who is terry hunter?

what station is she at?
    Terry Hunter is a reporter and movie critic at KGMB 9. By the way, it's a "he," not a "she."

Comment

Liz Chun of KGMB and Russell Yamanoha at KHNL both used to be on the other side of the camera as well. As far as I know, all the sports folks edit their own stuff. Former KHONer(and UH football player) Reggie Robinson also made the switch from behind the camera to the anchor desk.

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652
        Terry Hunter is a reporter and movie critic at KGMB 9. By the way, it's a "he," not a "she."
        oops-- thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy
          Liz Chun of KGMB and Russell Yamanoha at KHNL both used to be on the other side of the camera as well. As far as I know, all the sports folks edit their own stuff. Former KHONer(and UH football player) Reggie Robinson also made the switch from behind the camera to the anchor desk.
          And let's not forget Jon Yoshimura...behind the camera...in front of camera...hiding from cameras!

Comment

Originally posted by Media Amigo
            KHNL used to have Hugh Gentry as a VJ & there's still another one on staff, but I can't think of his name.
            I think you might be thinking of this guy named Duncan (don’t know his last name), but as far as I know, the most he’s done is a video montague. There are other photographers at other stations who I think have done the same thing, just not as often. That doesn’t make them VJs by any stretch.

I seem to remember Hugh Gentry in a special on KGMB9 some time ago. Oh goodie, they have it on their website.

Hawaii Photos Show Cambodian Problem Lingers

No pictures, though. How can you have a story with the headline “Hawaii Photos...” and not have any photos?! Oh well.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

my husband spoke to some friends who speak very highly of Hugh's work.

seems he's a fantastic videographer and extremely confident.

not a bad combination.

Comment

Hugh's a great still photog, too. Had a great time shooting the Pro Bowl alongside him...

Comment

Working...
                X