Discovering your inner star!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discovering your inner star!

I hope it's ok to post a casting notice here! If it's not I'm sure I'll hear about it!

Anyway...the `Ohina Short Film Showcase is coming up in August and each year their PSAs, which air on local tv, get funnier and better, even going on to win Pele awards! I don't cast these spots but I am a supporter of the showcase and help them when I can. Director Ryan Kawamoto has his casting notice posted here.

Take a look. Maybe you'll find a role with your name on it! if you contact Ryan it's okay to mention Tutusue's name! Yep...that's how I'm known in that industry, too!

Break a leg!

Re: Discovering your inner star!

Originally posted by tutusue
    I hope it's ok to post a casting notice here! If it's not I'm sure I'll hear about it!

Anyway...the `Ohina Short Film Showcase is coming up in August and each year their PSAs, which air on local tv, get funnier and better, even going on to win Pele awards! I don't cast these spots but I am a supporter of the showcase and help them when I can. Director Ryan Kawamoto has his casting notice posted here.

Take a look. Maybe you'll find a role with your name on it! if you contact Ryan it's okay to mention Tutusue's name! Yep...that's how I'm known in that industry, too!

Break a leg!
    Ryan Kawamoto.... Erika??? ring a bell???

another Pahoa grad doing something besides nothing???

and he's a public school grad

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123

A familiar name, huh?

More about Ryan here.
      enter kineticproductionsinc.com
      check out the upper left corner

That guy is such a sweetheart to work with. Talented too!

Comment

Thanks for the link, tutusue! I haven’t seen Ryan in ages, but it’s good to see one of the O.G.’s is still plugging away.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
          Thanks for the link, tutusue! I haven’t seen Ryan in ages, but it’s good to see one of the O.G.’s is still plugging away.
          So...didya email or call him to say hi?!

Comment

Sue

I never got to see the "Kikaida" PSA in its entirety. All I saw was the snippet at the Pele Awards. What little I saw was so good! Do you happen to have a copy of it on DVD?

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata
              Sue

I never got to see the "Kikaida" PSA in its entirety. All I saw was the snippet at the Pele Awards. What little I saw was so good! Do you happen to have a copy of it on DVD?

Paul
              I don't have a DVD but let me see what I can do! Maybe it can be uploaded to Ryan's demo reel page. In the meantime, here's one `Ohina trailer and here's another. I have a vested interest in the shower spot...hehehe! Ah jeez, you guys...get your collective minds outta the gutter!

Comment

i luv da ohina!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123

Here's Ryan's MySpace page. It shows he's a Waiakea HS grad. A different Ryan Kawamoto, perhaps?

Heh! Love the Occupation he listed. Disaster Management! So true!!!

Here's the `Ohina Short Film Showcase link.

Comment

Working...
                  X