X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Duane "Dog" Chapman

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
    If he can type out "Contituents" on Taxpayers stationary... then I can say Congressinal on HT can't I?
    But of course! Although, having the .pdf as you do so...
    Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
    ... you would have thought that would have been an easy typo to catch

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      ...the question that I can't believe wasn't asked is, would they have signed if given that opportunity? That is, do they or don't they oppose the extradition for Mexico? I get the feeling, from their silence, that they'd rather pretend the issue doesn't exist, or actually feel the extradition is warranted for foreign-policy or trade reasons. But if it's the latter, they should at least have the guts to say so.
      Not if it’s not in Abercrombie’s best interest to stay silent, and in Case’s best interest to avoid rocking the Democratic boat any further. We need an *ahem* former 2-year Ka Leo EIC to step in and ask the tough questions.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

It's also possible that Abercrombie and Case respect international treaties, the separation of powers and the rule of law.

Nah, couldn't be that.

Comment

Originally posted by poinographer View Post
          It's also possible that Abercrombie and Case respect international treaties, the separation of powers and the rule of law.
          Well, like I said, one can make a reasonable case against fighting the extradition, but Abercrombie and Case aren't doing that. Then again, it doesn't sound like anyone has actually asked them. How they can get a quote about being left out of the Republican letter but neglect to ask whether they would have signed if given the chance is pretty ridiculous.

Aunty Lynn, you've got Case's ear... how 'bout asking for a straight answer?

True, being a Democrat on a letter signed by 23 Republicans would've added more fuel to the DINO claims against Case... but then again, he's a lame duck right now, anyway.

Comment

Aunty Lynn, you've got Case's ear... how 'bout asking for a straight answer?

True, being a Democrat on a letter signed by 23 Republicans would've added more fuel to the DINO claims against Case... but then again, he's a lame duck right now, anyway.
            Nah. I no like badda him. As far as he being a "Lame Duck"...may I remind you, he is still Congressman Ed Case till January 2, 2007. For me and his supporters ~ he'll be back and so will we!

He ain't no Lame Duck.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              Nah. I no like badda him.
              You already did, to get the non-answer PDFs sent to you. Don't think it could hurt, since you seem convinced that he is on Dog's side.

As far as he being a "Lame Duck"...may I remind you, he is still Congressman Ed Case till January 2, 2007... He ain't no Lame Duck.
              If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, it's a duck. He's basically going to be working on transition planning and packing up his office over the next three months.

But being a "lame duck" isn't all bad -- it's also a position that allows an elected official to do things that they wouldn't otherwise be able to do out of fear of political ramifications (i.e. the rash of pardons that generally marks the last official acts of an outgoing president). Since the man's on his way out the door, I don't see why he shouldn't come right out and say where he stands on the extradition issue. He'll upset people either way, but like the best lame ducks, it wouldn't matter anyway.

Comment

You already did, to get the non-answer PDFs sent to you. Don't think it could hurt, since you seem convinced that he is on Dog's side.
                I asked Ed to "help." He didn't say he was for or against Mr. Chapman. He did find out per my and other's requests.

Lame Duck is goes both ways.
                Political or Non-Political!

1stwahine
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I asked Ed to "help." He didn't say he was for or against Mr. Chapman.
                  No, love, but you implied as much when you started the Case part of this discussion:
                  Just wanted to let everyone know dat a Democrat was also helping Mr. Chapman and his men.
                  Lame Duck is goes both ways.
                  Quack?

Comment

Cynicism alert!

If Chapman goes to jail in Mexico and/or (more to the point) his show goes off the air, then 99.9% of the US public will forget about him as soon as (or before) the next "hit" program takes up their attention. Whatever happens to Chapman, I think that in a few years, when/if he decides to try again at politics, Case's silence regarding Chapman will be a non-issue. Why should he bother?

To put it charitably, the fate of Chapman is a fickle and fringe concern.
                    Last edited by poinographer; October 12, 2006, 10:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Applause to you, Doug. IMO, an accurate analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by poinographer View Post
                        To put it charitably, the fate of Chapman is a fickle and fringe concern.
                        Which makes the official letter of protest signed by 23 Republicans in D.C. especially interesting...

Comment

Could dog have a political career backed by republicans down the road???
                          Would voters vote him in... ala Arnold in Cali?

Comment

Ha! Wait... you're serious?

In this hypothetical, which office does Chapman run for?

Comment

Why...Dogcatcher, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                Why...Dogcatcher, of course.
                                Yuk...yuk...yuk!

Comment

Working...
                                X