X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Emmis will have to sell either KHON or KGMB

According to this article
    a US appeals court blocked the FCC from making a regulation that would make it possible for a communications company to own more than one radio and/or TV station in the same market. (Its early in the morning and I wanted to spread the news to you guys).

What will this mean for KHON and KGMB?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Looks like Emmis will have to sell either KHON or KGMB

Originally posted by adri1456
    According to this article
    a US appeals court blocked the FCC from making a regulation that would make it possible for a communications company to own more than one radio and/or TV station in the same market. (Its early in the morning and I wanted to spread the news to you guys).

What will this mean for KHON and KGMB?
    And while your are at it, what about Kfve and Khnl huh ? Fair is fair. WB is really not a very small Company now either. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander I say. Aloha.

Comment

Originally posted by BigD
      And while your are at it, what about Kfve and Khnl huh ? Fair is fair. WB is really not a very small Company now either. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander I say. Aloha.
      I forgot about them. Any more companies that own more than one tv station in the same market?
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

KHNL & KFVE do not have the same owner. KHNL manages KFVE under an agreement between the two station onwers.

DXer

Comment

Read Frank Ahrens' piece on what the court ruling means and Michael Powell's response to the whole matter:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Jun28.html

Emmis owns both KHON and KGMB under continued waivers, with the final decision put on hold pending resolution of the overarching ownership issue. If you read Ahrens' piece, or any other reporting on the recent development, it is clear that the issue is still far from resolved. Emmis won't be selling anything in Honolulu (except advertising) anytime soon, unless it WANTS to.

KHNL and KFVE are indeed owned by the same company, Alabama-based Raycom Media. (Check the Web site at KHNL.com) It is the nation's first TV duopoly, approved because the combined stations meet the conditions that allow single ownership in the same market. One of those conditions is that ratings-wise, the combination does not exceed a certain level of control of LOCAL market share.
          I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Working...
          X