KITV has a Blog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITV has a Blog?

Just found it by accident. It's a group blog by the morning team. I guess something like this would be less likely with the primetime crew.

Now that I've been able to spend a few early mornings in the KITV studio, I can appreciate some of the things they've written about. The blog is not even a month old, but it'll be interesting to see if they keep it up.

Re: KITV has a Blog?

Any gossip you can tell us about those crazy morning show people?

Comment

Originally posted by jarofclay73
      It appears Mahea is more of an adventurer than a computer geek! However, I was surprised to learn that Jake Shimabukuro has signed with the William Morris Agency! Whoa...BIG time...just like Michelle Wie.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Just found it by accident. It's a group blog by the morning team. I guess something like this would be less likely with the primetime crew.

Now that I've been able to spend a few early mornings in the KITV studio, I can appreciate some of the things they've written about. The blog is not even a month old, but it'll be interesting to see if they keep it up.
        Ben and Mahea both have pretty good blog "voices," I think. Dan hasn't posted enough to judge.
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I like it.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I like it too, very interesting reading.

Comment

I wrote this to Ben's email yesterday, which is listed on their Blog.

Aloha! Got your Blog from Hawaii Threads.com. Great site, good luck!

He wrote back at 7:00 a.m. this morning:

Mahalo! We don't always have time to write something, but we'll post as often as we can.

Aloha,
              Ben.

Ben Gutierrez
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

They're great folks. Impressive energy for people who show up for work in the middle of the night. Dan's great, and I knew him at UH. Mahea's sharp, and if you believe it, even prettier and thinner in person. And Ben's amazing - a weather and delivery machine! The folks behind the camera are great, too. I like that the blog talks about them a bit, too.

Given the 'personality' element added to the 'journalism' element, I guess TV people are probably more likely than print people to blog. And of TV people, morning people are more likely to blog than evening people.

I get the feeling that of all TV news teams, the morning folks (at any station) get to be themselves and enjoy themselves most of all. And that definitely helps keep things lively when most viewers are staggering about looking for coffee. So letting them blog seems like a fun, and safe, idea.

But while the balance between 'personality' and 'journalist' is a tricky one, something about the idea of some transparency in a news agency appeals to me. If news people want transparency in government, business, and the community, why not offer a little more to readers and viewers? The danger there, I guess, would be too much honesty.

I don't expect our KITV bloggers to be too provocative, but I still hope they'll share stuff regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  Given the 'personality' element added to the 'journalism' element, I guess TV people are probably more likely than print people to blog. And of TV people, morning people are more likely to blog than evening people.
                  Could be, could be. I notice that Brian Williams and his NBC Nightly News crew blog, however. What's interesting about that one is that it's not just Williams and one or two reporters; it's producers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                    Could be, could be. I notice that Brian Williams and his NBC Nightly News crew blog, however. What's interesting about that one is that it's not just Williams and one or two reporters; it's producers as well.
                    Would the general public be really THAT interested in what producers have to say?

Comment

Would the general public be really THAT interested in what producers have to say?
                      Beats me, but it does show that the stars aren't the only ones who are allowed to shoot their mouths off like the rest of us bloggers.

Comment

D'you think the on-camera personalities are going to tell all the funny/goofy/embarrassing stories about *themselves*?

I'd like to hear what producers have to say. What they do off camera probably constitutes 98 percent of the show, after all.

Comment

I find it funny, that their news trucks were changed to another station's channel number. LOL

Good read.
                          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                          X