Oceanic's "News On Demand"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oceanic's "News On Demand"

Is anyone familiar with which local newscasts are currently archived as part of Oceanic's digital "News On Demand" service (channel 110)? And how far back newscasts are archived and kept available?

I recall at one point it was KHON, KHNL and KGMB but not KITV, and that you could access the past week.

I suddenly find myself looking for a copy of KFVE's 9 p.m. broadcast from last night (Sept. 8) and KHNL's evening broadcasts as well, but before contacting the station or paying a clipping service, I was wondering if just finding a digital cable subscriber with a working VCR might be easier!

Re: Oceanic's "News On Demand"

You can't record this to your Tivo? (Sorry I don't do digital).... That said, I have seen this feature on Oceanic Digital (at someone else's place) and as I vaguely recall, the stations listed only had newscasts going as far back as a week prior to the most current broadcast. And not all of the newscasts are put up in a timely manner....
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

It's about a week worth of news, but the last time I used it was around a couple of years ago and I didn't know that it archived stations other than KHNL.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
        You can't record this to your Tivo?
        I could have captured it, if I was watching at home, but I actually saw the segment at the gym, and I am otherwise never watching KFVE/KHNL newscasts (I regularly TiVo KITV and KHON, though). And I don't do "digital cable," either. TiVo manages our TV viewing well enough now that I don't want or need hundreds of extra channels (or to "rent" a box that only Oceanic can provide). When they get to the point that it's cheaper to make "digital cable" their basic service (rather than accomodate analog holdouts like me), then we'll talk.

Of course, not having "digital cable" means, in this case, not having "News On Demand" for one random broadcast that I don't otherwise have an easy way of retrieving!

Comment

pzarq... just checked... KFVE News isn't on the NOD menu... just to let you know.

Comment

The service offers KHON, KITV, KHNL, KGMB and KHET. I do notice that they only do the 6pm newscast.

Comment

Working...
            X