"North Shore" on FOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "North Shore" on FOX

Uh oh. This isn't a good sign. After all the bad news Fox was getting, it turned out to have a blockbuster winner with its Trading Spouses show (one of the shows it's accused of stealing, in this case ABC's Wife Swap). Unfortunately, it did so well, Fox has decided people who missed the first episode would want to see it, and has picked North Shore's 8 p.m. Monday slot for the rerun.

Ouch.

Variety (subscription): "To reach auds that may have missed the first 'Spouses' seg, Fox will rebroadcast it Monday night at 8 in place of drama 'North Shore.'"

Comment

sad to say..haven't watched it yet...nikki deloach is from the next town over(8 miles over).her sister's future mom in law works @ the bank next door to my job,so we get the lo-down & see photos of the action ...juss seems like whenever i flip it on, i see no hawaiians,so i flip the channel...oh well...but our other "local actors" are burt reynolds, ossie davis &parnell roberts...

Comment

I have to yet to see it, mainly because my Monday (and the other day's) nights I have been doing something else and I never bothered to tape this series.

Comment

Have to admitt......kinda liking the storyboard on North Shore. Now their bringing some cat-fighting stuff with Shanon Dohrity (sp?) in September.

As long as they keep shooting here and having fun, it's all good.......

KJ

Comment

North Shore gets 9-episode extension
            Tim Ryan, Honolulu Star-Bulletin, August 13, 2004
            "It's unbelievable, wonderful," said "North Shore" line producer Harry Bring. "We thought the network was going to give us six more episodes, but to get the whole nine really shows us how much the network is behind the show." The hotel drama struggled with low ratings before adding more name stars and refined writing. But Bring said the last few episodes have shown "really good signs" of steady audience growth.

Comment

Who knows if anyone is watching this show anymore, but in any case, comedian Andy Bumatai offered this tidbit in his latest comedy newsletter:

Andy Bumatai to Play ex-Pipeline Master on FOX's "North Shore"

A big mahalo goes out to the primo Water Safety man on Fox's "North Shore" Brian Keaulana for requesting "someone who can surf" when the writers came up with the part of "Randall" who is written as an ex-Pipeline "heavy" who now runs the beach side Burger Joint.

Even through there is no surfing in the scene to be shot next week Brian showed his experience when he thought ahead to future shows and the possibility of the the writers bringing the aging Pipeline master out of retirement to defend his title. And that's when my name came up.

You see, Brian and I both grew up surfing Makaha (yes, I finished my growing up well before he did) and he knows that with me playing the part of Randall his job as water safety officer will be more in demand than ever.

Comment

North Shore

One of the reasons I watch this, is just to see the beaches again. And to figure out where ther are on the island. As far as the show...actually not bad.

La'akea
                La'akea

Comment

Wow, Laakea, you're the first person I've come across that likes it for any reason in addition to simply seeing Hawaii (or at least one narrow presentation of it) on TV! What's the draw for you? And do you think Shannen Doherty's arrival is a good thing or a bad thing?

I kept reading how everyone said it was a copycat of Las Vegas (I think), so of all things, North Shore prompted me to check out the competition. And while I'm not fond of either show, after all, I agree, North Shore is no Las Vegas.

But hey, I'm all for film and TV production folks (if not actors) being employed here. And North Shore just might be one of those "campy" shows that works better five years later in re-runs!

Comment

http://www.tvbarn.com/ticker2004/archives/027176.shtml

THE WORST
                    North Shore (Fox) What is it about shows set in Hawaii not employing native Hawaiians? Jason Momoa is the only one among the soap opera-sized cast, and he can’t act. But he’s hardly the weakest link in this lifeless drama set on Oahu. The scripts are so corny they should be shipped out here and converted to ethanol (like the arson victim who wails, “They didn’t torch the shop; they torched my life!”). Joining the cast Sept. 20: Shannen Doherty. Is that a Polynesian name?

Hawaii (NBC) I couldn’t decide what I hated more: the retro attitudes toward women by the male detectives on this show, or the fact that NBC obviously compelled the producers to shoehorn in scenes of forensic medicine. What’s next, a guest appearance by “Crossing Jordan” in a bikini? Hey, not a bad idea. Forecast: Aloha means goodbye
                    Last edited by BKHale2007; October 8, 2004, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Is anyone still watching this show? Either way, there was a quirky article on lead Kristoffer Polaha in today's Honolulu Advertiser.

'North Shore' actor Polaha a big star with a big heart
                      Michael Tsai, Honolulu Advertiser, November 4, 2004
                      Now before you open your mouth and get yourself into more trouble, I should tell you that we know all about that little food distribution dealio you've been involved with on the North Shore. Serving hot meals to the homeless, that sound familiar? Passing out backpacks full of school supplies to needy kids? Are those bells I hear ringing? Now, really, is that any way for a big-time TV star to act?

Comment

"North Shore" officially cancelled

It's official -- "North Shore" has been cancelled. Too bad about the loss of local jobs, though.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../ln/ln32p.html

I won't really miss it.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Cancelled

As if no one did not know this was going to happen...

Poor Ratings Kill North Shore

Fox Television has formally canceled the ratings-challenged hotel drama "North Shore," which has been on hiatus since December.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                          X