tv squabble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tv squabble

unlikely, but i wonder if anyone else saw this many years ago when dick algire and tiny tadani were on kitv, i think. anyway, tiny said something and dick replied quickly, something like, "that's why i do the news and you only do the sports (or something trivial).

i couldn't believe he said that! i don't know what the issue was but it was clear that dick wanted to shut tiny up. now, i'm not a big fan of tiny's but dick was clearly out of line.

anyone else see that?

anyway, i'd guess that it's just natural for people to sometimes not get along, but i think it's rare that it becomes transparent while on air....
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: tv squabble

I guess you don't watch the channel 2 evening news with good old Joe Moore. Sometimes his comments can be a bit brazen to those who sit next to him at that golden anchor desk and the red light on camera 1 is on.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      I guess you don't watch the channel 2 evening news with good old Joe Moore. Sometimes his comments can be a bit brazen to those who sit next to him at that golden anchor desk and the red light on camera 1 is on.
      Remember when he had Trini Kaopuiki doing weather and sitting next to him? He knows she's about five cans short of a six-pack and that she has zero capability of cathcing nuances or of making snappy comebacks. He'd zing her once or twice a day and have fun watching the barbs sail right over her head, rolling his eyes or raising his eyebrows as she fumbled and mumbled.
      Now that she's on the morning news show, we get to watch Kirk Matthews do it to her, though he is far more gentle about it than Joe Moore was.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

you guys are right. i sometimes watch the news on channel 2, but not regularly. wow. i didn't know joe moore was such a jerk! i presume he's doing it to make the other person look bad?

now i've seen the endings of the news at 10 pm many times but i haven't noticed joe doing stuff like that to the sports person, e.g, kanoa leihi. am i missing it?
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
          i didn't know joe moore was such a jerk!

nah he aint a jerk. he's just J.M.

hey. da odda guys roll THEIR eyes after joe does his "did you know" segments now and then.

Comment

I don't think he does it to Kanoa as much as he does it to John V. What I don't like is that whenever there's a minor technical difficulty or something he makes a big deal about it instead of just dealing with it. Another thing is that he seems to like to use his position to diss June Jones... not that I agree with everything about JJ but I think JM shouldnt be doing that kinda stuff on the newscast. Just my opinion.

Comment

cezanne

yeah, there must be something going on between jm and jj cuz didn't jj specifically mention joe when he lashed out at the media some months ago?

(by the way, cezanne sounds french. is your username supposed to communicate that idea? just curious. no need to answer if it's personal.)

Comment

Naw he's just one of my favorite artists.

Comment

cezanne

hmmm. that's interesting!

Comment

Working...
                  X