TV News Mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grrrrrr

Sounds like they were skimming the wires too quickly. From what I can see, "second consecutive CEO" is key in most stories on Stonecipher's departure, but the other half of that phrase is "to depart the Boeing Co. in disgrace."

Comment

mistakes on the news

i get the impression that a number of you guys have worked in the industry or know people who do so you can probably answer this one for me: how come mistakes are so common when watching the evening news? and by mistakes i mean, the wrong graphic is put up or the wrong video clip or something doesn't play, etc.

is it technically more difficult than i think it is? isn't the whole show preplanned so how can it be messed up? if the person has to do it without any planning, then i'd understand but ...

or perhaps the people who handle that stuff aren't given the training they need to do their jobs correctly?

i'm not interested in putting anyone down. i'm just surprised by the number of mistakes and wonder what the basic reason behind it might be.

thanks.
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Re: TV News Mistakes

They need robots to do the news so that there's no mistakes.

Comment

Re: TV News Mistakes

'den whoever is supposed to program and maintain the robots would screw up! It always going be less den perfek when it's 'live'. We should be glad that TV employees no stay doctors, oddah-wise would get plenty more 'make' (dead) people not leaving da hospitals!

Comment

to Kue

ha! ha! kue, you're right. if they were doctors, they would sound like this...

"good evening. this just in.... oh shucks. i guess da bugga came in but not going out!" ha! ha!
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
            X