X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pumpkinboy
    replied
    Re: KGMB - KHNL - KFVE "shared services agreement"

This agreement is a done deal and anyone willing to prove me wrong? Remember this post

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by tvhawaii View Post
    This 'Agreement' is coming under a lot of fire and the best thing to do right now is to write to the FCC and let them know, short and sweet, -exactly- what has happened to you.
    Oh, please. They're being bribed by the TV subscription providers (obviously using the money from their many suc- err, subscribers) to veer their focus away from free OTA TV need.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by pumpkinboy View Post
    Call my cynical,...
    Can I call you more than that?

but you know we don't live in a Democracy right?
    Oh? Have China conquered the US already? (Yes, it's only a matter of time when the US Constitution will be used as asswipe for the Chinese Communist leader.)

Tell me you guys don't really believe that....that the common folk control this country or this world?
    Well, I have to believe it. How do you think Obama get elected ... barring any allegation of outside influences.

Big business rules and they are the true power.

If they want something to happen, it will happen.
    In a way, you're right. They suckered us with iPod, cable and dish subscription services ... even Pay-2-Play games like World of WarCraft.

In a few words, if you want better services, you have to keep paying them.

Even free tv and radios aren't worth getting better services (which are paid through advertisements).

Sooner or later, we'll have to pay to flush our own damn toilet, and I'm not counting the sewer bills.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Call my cynical, but you know we don't live in a Democracy right?

Tell me you guys don't really believe that....that the common folk control this country or this world?

Okay here goes:

Hey cynical! I don't really believe that the common folk control this country or this world because big business rule and they are the true power and if they want something to happen it will happen.

Ever see the original Rollerball movie where corporations rule the world? As we become a global economy that scenerio seems more like reality than fiction.

Leave a comment:

• pumpkinboy
    replied

Call my cynical, but you know we don't live in a Democracy right?

Leave a comment:

• tvhawaii
    replied

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Oh, effin' joy.

Now I cannot watch CBS programmings in Kaunakakai OTA because the Maui transmitter for then-KFVE is effin' weak.
    This 'Agreement' is coming under a lot of fire and the best thing to do right now is to write to the FCC and let them know, short and sweet, -exactly- what has happened to you.

The 5 commissioners, the chief of the Media
    bureau and the chief of the Video services division, addresses below:

Julius Genachowski <Julius.genachowski@fcc.gov>,
    Meredith Baker <Meredith.baker@fcc.gov>,
    Michael Copps <Michael.Copps@fcc.gov>,
    Mignon Clyburn <Mignon.clyburn@fcc.gov>,
    Robert McDowell <robert.mcdowell@fcc.gov>,
    William Lake <William.lake@fcc.gov>
    Barbara Kreisman <barbara.kreisman@fcc.gov>,

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied
    Re: KGMB - KHNL - KFVE &quot;shared services agreement&quot;

Here on the Big Island in Honokaa, my uncle reports that NONE of OTA channels work. Haven't tried it myself because the TV dedicated to that at my parents' place is now hooked up to cable, because the main TV died a few months ago. So now I have an antenna, unopened converter box and nothing to plug them into.

Oh well, at least with cable my Mom can continue to watch "The Young and the Restless."

I however think it stinks that Raycom Media pulled this huge channel switch. The real prize in this whole Shared Services Agreement was getting all of the CBS content under Raycon's fledgling NBC roof. And the KGMB owners/viewers OTA stuck with My Network TV crap and a 2 - 6 UH football team that you can't watch most games even on the same day delay. 2nd class TV really.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

One of the good things about Hawaii...Is not-so wonderful anymore to watch because you can't find it...KGMB

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by hebeasor View Post
    Look at the bright side....You'll be able to see the Nevada / Hawaii replay tonight at 9:30
    Oh, effin' joy.

Seriously, as much as I like my wrestling entertainment fix, there's no need to swap channels between a major long-running network affiliate (i.e., CBS) with a weak reality-edited network with absolutely no future (i.e., MyNTV).

Now I cannot watch CBS programmings in Kaunakakai OTA because the Maui transmitter for then-KFVE is effin' weak.

Bravo, Raycom, Blangiardi and Fink.
    Last edited by Random; November 1, 2009, 09:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tvhawaii
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    This is just bad. simply bad
    I agree, and I'm telling these guys:

The 5 commissioners, the chief of the Media
    bureau and the chief of the Video services division, addresses below:

Julius Genachowski <Julius.genachowski@fcc.gov>,
    Meredith Baker <Meredith.baker@fcc.gov>,
    Michael Copps <Michael.Copps@fcc.gov>,
    Mignon Clyburn <Mignon.clyburn@fcc.gov>,
    Robert McDowell <robert.mcdowell@fcc.gov>,
    William Lake <William.lake@fcc.gov>
    Barbara Kreisman <barbara.kreisman@fcc.gov>,

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

The KGMB anchor desk needs more seats or expand its length because there's not enough anchors sitting there.
    They should be more like the NFL pregame shows where they bust laugh like Sammy Maudlin at everything another analyst says.

Leave a comment:

• tvhawaii
    replied

Originally posted by hebeasor View Post
    Look at the bright side....You'll be able to see the Nevada / Hawaii replay tonight at 9:30
    Naaa...no need. I just watched the news on KHON after the Series.<g>

Leave a comment:

• hebeasor
    replied

Originally posted by tvhawaii View Post
    This A.M., KGMV 9-1 on Maui is airing programming from KFVE, so no one using OTA can view the Florida/Georgia game, nor will they be able to view the Dolphins/Jets game tomorrow if it stays like this.
    DirecTV and DISH both have CBS programming on KGMB 9.

If anyone here has some insight on this, I'd love to hear it.

Mahalo,

--Michael
    [Edit]
    My apologies...I went back and read the previous posts from mel, etc. and I'll be sending a donation to Media Council Hawaii.

Leave a comment:

• tvhawaii
    replied

This A.M., KGMV 9-1 on Maui is airing programming from KFVE, so no one using OTA can view the Florida/Georgia game, nor will they be able to view the Dolphins/Jets game tomorrow if it stays like this.
    DirecTV and DISH both have CBS programming on KGMB 9.

If anyone here has some insight on this, I'd love to hear it.

Mahalo,

--Michael
    [Edit]
    My apologies...I went back and read the previous posts from mel, etc. and I'll be sending a donation to Media Council Hawaii.
    Last edited by tvhawaii; October 31, 2009, 01:14 PM. Reason: Duhh

Leave a comment:

• Diane Ako
    replied

Originally posted by ongre View Post
    Interesting discussion here folks, but I gotta say I really like the term Hawaii new snow!!!
    Ha ha ha! In the interest of adding to useless funny stuff, might I share what I've coined the merged operation? "17". As in, 8 + 9.

To the other comments... ooh... want to say something... sitting on fingers...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X