KHON-2 website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHON-2 website

KHON-2's website is finally up and running! What do you all think?

http://www.khon2.com

Re: KHON-2 website

You mean, http://www.khon.com.

Comment

Actually you could use either. KHON-2 owns both domain names. However, KHON-2 is advertising their website as KHON2.com.

Comment

Not bad. Not as cluttered as some other TV sites. Interesting how the banner features head shots of the major talent, and links to the talent bios section (though Ron's profile seems to suffer from cut-and-paste syndrome). I wonder if the "Breaking News" top hed will always be there, or only invoked for major stories?

I'm half glad, half sad that they don't post TeLePrompTer transcripts anymore, publishing instead relatively polished articles based on the broadcast segments. I'm also glad that they (so far) do so instead of just shoveling out postage-sized encoded video of the broadcast itself.

Look at the size of the advertising staff!

Comment

Originally posted by lancer808
          Actually you could use either. KHON-2 owns both domain names. However, KHON-2 is advertising their website as KHON2.com.
          No; actually, I tried khon2.com and got the message:

"www.khon2.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again."

Ergo my correction.

Comment

Works fine for me. Your ISP might not have updated its DNS tables.

I think khon.com makes more sense, but, I'm not an overpaid media consultant. (Though I should be, dammit!)

Comment

KHON-2 website and Kanoa Leahey

...and its also kanoa leahey's first day. how long do you think he'll last?

Comment

Erika Engle has an article about the KHON TV website at this link in today's Honolulu Star-Bulletin. Beside KHON, sister station KGMB's site also got a makover.

It is not surprising that the stations chose this month to revamp their website. It is after all the first Nielsen Sweeps month of the 2004-05 TV season.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Either Firefox doesn't display KHON's website good, or they updated just after I checked it this morning (about an hour ago).

The blue and white background was conflicting with the read text, making it hard to read.
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Site displays OK in Safari for the Macintosh.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I hope both websites, KHON 2 and KGMB 9, will soon have streaming media/video, just like KHNL News 8's website already has.

Comment

clean and organized. anybody know who made it?
                        www.Southshoregraphics.com
                        Web Design > Flash > Logos > Vector

Comment

Starr-Siegle advertising's online subsidiary I believe.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I heard it was Startech that designed it. Their web person mentioned it tonight on the news.

Pretty good stuff. On a heavy day, KHON was first with just about everything from what I could see. They had voter results first by a longshot also. Other sites got stuck in election "tunnel vision" when they caught up, but 2's kept going and even had a lot of other news on. Looks like good things ahead.

Comment

Great site. Very simple to navigate, read and always up-to-date.

On the second day the KHON2.com site was up, I sent in a positive feedback to them and immediately received a personal reply of thanks from Gina Mangieri - which was cc'd to Rick Blangiardi and Dan Dennison. That was nice.

I like Kanoa Leahi. It seems Joe has finally found someone that he has a real chemistry with. Kanoa is quick, witty, personably, and obviously knows his sports..just like his pop. He even sounds like the dad!
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                              X