The CW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CW?

Whatever happened to channel 2's simulcast of the CW channel on DTV (channel 2.2)? Now, my TV picks up the primary channel as 2.2 with no 2.1.
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Re: The CW?

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
    Whatever happened to channel 2's simulcast of the CW channel on DTV (channel 2.2)? Now, my TV picks up the primary channel as 2.2 with no 2.1.
    =============
    it went on vacation, but came back yesterday

Comment

Yes, it apparently came back as a result of my inquiry (e-mail). I wish I could get responses from the other broadcasters when problems arise, but I've only been successful there and with PBS [to date]. Ah, the isolation of having only over-the-air [H]DTV reception...
      Last edited by salmoned; June 3, 2008, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
        Yes, it apparently came back as a result of my inquiry (e-mail). I wish I could get responses from the other broadcasters when problems arise, but I've only been successful there and with PBS [to date]. Ah, the isolation of having only over-the-air [H]DTV reception...
        =======================
        The problem started about May 6. Long before you posted your inquiry (May 23). The cool thing about DTV is that you may not realize that there was a problem if your tuner remembered "where" 2.1 is.
        I contacted them circa May 7, but it took that long to isolate the problem and fix it. Welcome to DTV.

Comment

Great! Yes, I noticed the problem about 2 weeks before commenting (and specified such in my e-mail to them). I'm glad I'm not the only one to contact the station(s) when things go wrong. Now, if only we could get channel 5.1 and 13.1 to reset their clock signal - I'm tired of seeing xx January, 1996 displayed. I think it reverts to 01 January, 1996 whenever their equipment loses power [and it never gets reset].
          Last edited by salmoned; June 4, 2008, 01:14 PM.

Comment

What do you know! The time signal problem has been addressed. There is a the DTV conversion may be a smooth transition after all.

Comment

I've never watched the CW, but might check out the new 90210, what digital channel is it on as well as standard cable channel?

Thanks!

Aj

Comment

Oceanic doesn't carry CW as part it's basic service.

To watch CW you mainly have these options.

If you have digital cable it's Channel 93.
                If you have basic cable but have a Digital TV with a QAM tuner it will show as 85-4.

If you have a digital tv or one of the digital converter boxes you can receive the station over the air on channel 2.2.

Comment

Working...
                X