Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marvin Buenconsejo jumps ship

Originally posted by sansei View Post
    hi this is sansei and tonight on the 5:00 Pm news,i noticed Marvin B Did a piece on the whale who was caught with something on i believe his body and fin and i thought marv Left Khnl?

Well thank's for your time
    Maybe it was a canned story. Marv will no doubt be putting his speech writing expertise to work now for Mazie.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
      hi this is sansei and tonight on the 5:00 Pm news,i noticed Marvin B Did a piece on the whale who was caught with something on i believe his body and fin and i thought marv Left Khnl?

Well thank's for your time
      I'm guessing he did that on tape for the KHNL News environmental report series, either as part of his last assignment before he departed or before he turned in his resignation to accept the job offer from Hirono.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Ah, ha! Given the overtime, etc., dispute over which the departed Angela Keen has sued, I wonder if Marv will challenge them using a piece after he's departed! (He suggested, facetiously . . .)

[Lawsuit referenced in Erika's column today:
        http://starbulletin.com/2008/03/09/business/engle.html ]

Comment

Well I predate everybody here with Marvin. He was this up and coming new hire at KGU back in the mid 80's and I was given the task of training him on the weekends until he could run his own board during the weekdays. Marvin was one that took the board to heart and learned it well, so well that we all felt he needed to move on to TV which was a great move.

Marvin when he worked for KHON also covered my wedding at Studebakers in Restaurant Row. He was never one to forget his friends and has remained humble in this business since day one.

Good luck Marvin if you're reading this, and don't forget your friends back here!
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
            Ah, ha! Given the overtime, etc., dispute over which the departed Angela Keen has sued, I wonder if Marv will challenge them using a piece after he's departed! (He suggested, facetiously . . .)

[Lawsuit referenced in Erika's column today:
            http://starbulletin.com/2008/03/09/business/engle.html ]

Hmmm overtime in the media business? What's that? In radio if you were planning on leaving at your scheduled time of let's say 4:30 in the afternoon and at around 4:25pm you get a production order for a spot that needs immediate attention because it's gonna be put into rotation in the AM drive slot the next day, suddenly you find yourself working off the clock to finish the PO. Otherwise you'll be hearing it from the GSM tomorrow.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              Marvin when he worked for KHON also covered my wedding at Studebakers in Restaurant Row. He was never one to forget his friends and has remained humble in this business since day one.
              That's really nice to hear about - thanks, CW.

Comment

Working...
              X