[KHET] Leahey & Leahey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [KHET] Leahey & Leahey

Are they on hiatus until next year or is the show canceled?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Re: [KHET] Leahey & Leahey - repeat tonight? (12/26/2007)

Maybe it was the writer's strike?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I don't see the other show Kanoa did called BACK IN THE DAY that used to air on KHON on Sunday's with Russ shimooka either.

Anyways the PBS Hawaii site I believe still lists the Leahey & Leahey show.

Aj

Comment

Just watching a new episode of the new year ... actually the re-airing on Sunday (1/13).

Whooo! No love for JJ from the Leaheys. Probably Joe Moore's doing.

FWIW, Jim not pulling his punch on Frazier, calling him "incompetent" on TV.

Guest: AC Jeff Reinebold.
        Last edited by Random; January 13, 2008, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Re: [KHET] Leahey & Leahey

dang, i had heard about it but missed it cuz i just got back from a trip. maybe they'll rebroadcast that episode later....
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
            dang, i had heard about it but missed it cuz i just got back from a trip. maybe they'll rebroadcast that episode later....
            Yeah ... when they go back on hiatus again.

I kinda wish they would do promo announcing who will be their next guest. I kinda don't like the surprise guest format. Maybe it will be McMacken or another McMacken supporter, Rich Miano.

Of course, they could surprise us with June Jones but I doubt it. He only made one interview this year and that is with Liz Chun.

Comment

Over here at PBS Hawaii we aren't too crazy about the 'surprise guest' format either, but some days we don't know who Jim & Kanoa have scheduled until they walk in the door to tape the show. It makes life exciting around here sometimes, although it was kind of cool when Colt Brennan walks in 30 minutes after we found out he was coming....

Comment

Perhaps, but the format is getting a bit tired from my viewing end. The surprise guest format is only good if he stays for 1-2 minutes, maybe start off as a brief comedic sketch (come for deliver paper or pizza or sell UH season tickets door-to-door), and then pops out.

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                  Their show is on Wednesday at 7:30 pm, then is re-broadcast the following Sunday at 4:30 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                    Perhaps, but the format is getting a bit tired from my viewing end. The surprise guest format is only good if he stays for 1-2 minutes, maybe start off as a brief comedic sketch (come for deliver paper or pizza or sell UH season tickets door-to-door), and then pops out.
                    It depends on how good that surprise guest is. When I used to produce In Good Taste with Richard Field (of R. Field Wines), he used to do that all the time. When George Hamilton actually walked into our studios and sat across from me I was just stunned. He was there to promote his new cigars. And then there was David Lee Roth who was supposed to be a guest but couldn't make it so we did a one hour interview with him over the phone as he promoted his Cabo Wabo tequilla.

Sometimes surprise guests can be a good thing Especially when Charo walked in and gave me a big coochi coochi hug burying my face in her open-necked cleavage...can't breathe...I'm suffocating...glad to meet you too Charo...yeah that was an impressive guest
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Greg McMackin scheduled guest for Leahey & Leahey - Wed 3/26

In case anyone wants to check it out, Greg McMackin, the new UH head football coach is the scheduled guest on this Wednesday's Leahey & Leahey (3/26 - 7:30 PM). I just talked to one of the producers so that I could post it on the PBS Hawaii website, but we never get enough advance notice to advertise it otherwise.... Thanks.

Comment

Re: Greg McMackin scheduled guest for Leahey & Leahey - Wed 3/26

Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

Working...
                        X