The weird radio station in the state of Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weird radio station in the state of Hawaii

IMHO KUAU AM 1570 on Maui is the weird radio station in the state of Hawaii because the station signs off at different times each night. Last Sunday, KUAU AM 1570 signed off at 12:00 midnight. Late last night/early this morning, KUAU AM 1570 signed off at 2:45 AM. Both times, KUAU AM 1570 played beautiful music before signing off. Also, KUAU AM 1570 is the only station in the state of Hawaii that signs off at night. The rest of the stations in the state of Hawaii are on the air 24/7.

Whenever I hear beautiful music on KUAU AM 1570, I wish they would stay on all night because the music is soothing and relaxing and lulls me to sleep. Instrumental renditions of popular songs are a precious gem these days. For Christmas, I want as a Christmas present KUAU AM 1570 to go 24/7. They should feature religious programming by day and beautiful music by night.

Re: The weird radio station in the state of Hawaii

I would like to hear feedback to the "Music with Class" format that is appearing on the Mainland. It is not a true Standards or BEZ format becasue it has today's artists performing classics and is very bright and yet pulled a 2.4 in Saint Louis before the station was sold for 20 million and is heard weekends on their FM talk station as well as in Phoenix on KRZS. Their website is <www.star975fm.com>...I would be interested in Ivan's and anyone elses reaction to the format.

Comment

Last I heard isn't 106.9 KWYI/Kawaihae not a 24-hour station? (6 AM-10 PM)

Comment

Originally posted by islands
        Last I heard isn't 106.9 KWYI/Kawaihae not a 24-hour station? (6 AM-10 PM)
        That makes me wonder why certain radio stations sign off at night. Could it be that most people on Maui and the Big Island go to sleep at night, thus not having a night life? If so, then Maui and the Big Island must be the opposite of Las Vegas, the city that never sleeps.

The following radio stations used to sign off at night:

KUAI AM 720 on Kauai used to sign off at midnight
        KAHU AM 1060, before becoming KHBC in 2003, in Hilo used to sign off at 10:00 PM
        KZOO AM 1210 in Honolulu used to sign off at midnight
        KAIM AM 870 on Molokai but licensed to Honolulu used to sign off at midnight

Comment

Working...
        X