This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 99.5 FM - Substandard?

I was listening to KHUI this afternoon and could not help but notice that two songs and two commercials were often being played at the same time. Obviously Chaz Ontai the afternoon drive guy was not really there as he was just talking over a song that was playing... he referred to "Alika" by Genoa Keawe as the next track coming up, but the station's computers or something was well into playing another totally different song, going right over his intro.

I think the new breeze needs to iron out some kinks with the computer system or at least put in a live person to carry that afternoon drive.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: The fate of KPOI and KHUI

huh. i was wondering what happened to bob and kpoi. now i know. as to the person who said they occasionally tune into kpuh to wonder at why they let young people on the air, the only thing i can say is BRING BACK RADIO FREE HAWAII
      it is my understanding most music on the air is corporate driven, in other words if britney spears has a new song, her label will pay some amount of money to the station to play it. this means that alot of stuff gets on the air and they can only play songs on an official playlist. this also means that all the great music out there wont get airtime. the thing i liked about radio free was that it was user driven via a voting system. while its odd, you might hear madonna back to back with mozart.
      this is also the reason why you hear that same song played every hour and it gets stale. oh well, i guess thats what people want to hear.

also, for the people with ipods, why the fm tuner? with a mp3 player device you can load up all your favorite songs. why buy a $300 device with a fm tuner attachment (or is it built in?) when you can go buy some kind of transistor for like $20?

my $0.02
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent
        the only thing i can say is BRING BACK RADIO FREE HAWAII
        There is a seperate topic for Radio Free Hawaii at this link.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

cool, thanks. im new here.
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

OK. I am ending this topic thread. We now know what happened to both of these stations. As the saying goes, their fates have been sealed by the new owners. This topic is now closed. Thank you for your participation.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
            X