MidWeekEnd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MidWeekEnd

Why didn't they call it MidWeekEnd? Anyway, I get a kick out of reading trash and KHNL reporter Melisa Uchida does not disappoint in this debut issue of MidWeekAds. In her Menage column accompanied by photos of the O-Lounge's AGN Girlie Review, she goes indepth about the dancers (the Bitch, the Baby, the Twit), and their "uniforms." Then she discusses her "sexy girl experiment" involving lingerie and fellow MidWeek columnist Katie Young. So the next time we see Uchida on TV I guess we will all wonder about her underwear and miss the point of her live, local, late-breaking investigative reporting. Hmmm. Journalism students must be so inspired!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Re: MidWeekEnd

Oh dear. Well, I haven't gotten my copy, but this is certainly not promising. (If Kimo ever gets tired of slagging the Weekly for its loose morals...) I'm so un-hip, I had to look up what the "O Lounge" is. But what's an AGN girlie? Is it a commentary on the patrons, or the staff?

Cunning move by Melissa Uchida, fanning the fan-boy flames. Just watch her leap up the Google search logs.

Comment

Now if one of those photos had been of her and Katie Young in their lingerie, instead of the O-Lounge girls, the ratings would have really gone through the roof.

Comment

MidWeekend would be different from MidWeek and therefore they would have to get a different permit from the Post office is what I figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          Now if one of those photos had been of her and Katie Young in their lingerie...
          Sounds like John Berger. Ever check his twice-weekly "On The Scene" column? 99% photos of hot young sweeties taken at various clubs. Berger may be the Entertainment Editor, but he sure has a narrow focus!
          Last edited by LikaNui; March 4, 2005, 03:10 PM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
            Sounds like John Berger.
            Berger is Star-Bulletin, and I don't think he's the editor... just a reporter. The pictures run on certain days, but he also covers theatre and does album reviews.

But what a life - getting paid to take pictures of club chicks!

Berger did mention the O Lounge already, as did the other nightlife columnist over there... the one with the funny last name. At least they have a few people who actually go out to cover the "scene"... I think Paiva might be the only one who goes out at night from the Advertiser.

Comment

No, John's not an editor.

>>>...the other nightlife columnist over there... the one with the funny last name...

funny as in amusing, or funny as in strange?

Comment

Hmmmmmmm,

Berger's babes, Jason's jezebels, Larry's ladies.

As far as Paiva goes, I dunno if I ever seen him out after 9 pm, but hell, I seen his girlfriend so I can see why. ;-)

Talofa

Comment

Working...
                X