• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Honolulu Crapvertiser?

the current "BOOO and AUWE!" to da advertiser:

today's "Island Life" section of their paper is filled with:

1) a column by some "advice diva" with the surname 'solomon"
    advice diva; yea... wot; she tells opera singers how to gesture appropriately ? what songs to sing?! gives advice through her operatic singing?!
    and why exactly, would she call herself: goddess, deity, female singer in an opera, an extremely sensitive, vain, or undisciplined person
    and the column is imported from da mainland, from a Miami Florida newspaper.
    2) a fitness article from the Arizona Republic nespaper.
    3) a horoscope by a mainland sydnicated columnist.
    4) another advice column from Los Angeles fulla haoles whining about their problems.
    5) an article about a mainland author and his relationship advice book (enuff awready with that crap!)
    6) a back page fulla mainland comic strips.
    Seems we have enuff talent on these islands to maybe have at least one or two comic strips inserted in this page to at least try to balance it out, so we exemplify "lsland life" a little more...

syndication and wire service junk fills this section. "island life' means as little as the word "editor" also, apparently...
    Last edited by kimo55; June 10, 2005, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Someday Wayne Harada will get a name that is not involved with Broadway or show tunes correct.

Head of Motown, "Berry Gordon", indeed.

He's like the "entertainment columnist" of the Onion, Jackie Harvey.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        As upsetting as that spread was it left pretty good impression on your mind if you can recall it so vividly. Sex sells and it got you to look and more importantly, remember what was described even if it was a byline.

When I see something I don't think is appropriate in a newspaper, I just ignore it and read onto the next article. For me to stop and stare and then get disgusted over it is wasting my time and like it or not the story did it's job by getting your attention. I choose to read the more important sections like the sunday ad fliers!
        Now that's the best suggestion yet! This world is full of all kinds of unuseful or outright unhealthy distractions. We can only decide what we wish to have in our own lives. Go for the good.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55

Hey advertiser;
          what da hell happened on September 11, 1992 in Hawaii that rings a bell?
          Hurricane Iniki of course..........

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
            Hurricane Iniki of course..........

KalihiBoy
            yea. uuuhhh, that was a rhetorical question. To them.
            because...... they... missed it... by... a few...
            ah, nemmind.
            Last edited by kimo55; June 17, 2005, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X