X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Name that part of Hawai'i?

Originally posted by liberty
    Kaneana Cave... a.k.a. Makua Cave.
    The answer to my query about the Husband/Wife & Cave/Rock is...

Pu'u Pehe or Sweetheart Rock just off of Lanai.
    Here's a LINK
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
      The answer to my query about the Husband/Wife & Cave/Rock is...

Pu'u Pehe or Sweetheart Rock just off of Lanai.
      Ah, okay. I knew my answer applied to LocoBoy's query, but I was confused as to whether his and your query led to the same answer.

Originally posted by LocoBoy
      Correct!! Congrats liberty
      Thanks!
      Last edited by liberty; May 28, 2006, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Wea dis stay?

It doesn’t require a leap of any kind to discover the beauty of this side of Oahu. While few visitors make the trip to the Coast , those who do are rewarded with a generous taste of "local Hawaii."

Comment

Wea dis stay?

It doesn’t require a leap of any kind to discover the beauty of this side of Oahu. While few visitors make the trip to the Coast , those who do are rewarded with a generous taste of "local Hawaii."

Gee... could it be... the Wai'anae Coast?

Comment

lol liberty, right again .

Comment

lol liberty, right again .
              Thanks again.

Hey LocoBoy, maybe you should make a "How well do you know Leeward Oahu" thread, since there's one for Windward Oahu.

Comment

Can I play? Even though I am way in the background of this picture currently (California), I took this shot on my last trip to Oahu. Name that beach. And, how to get there. Oh, some help to shrink the display if you know how, please.

Last edited by admin; June 16, 2006, 12:46 PM. Reason: Resized photo per request.

Comment

I'll give this thread a shot with this question: This area of Hawai'i is reputed to be the largest subdivided neighborhood in the entire USA, if not the world. It surely must be the largest in Hawai'i. Where is this subdivision located within the state and what is its name?
                  Originally posted by drumorgan
                  Can I play? Even though I am way in the background of this picture currently (California), I took this shot on my last trip to Oahu. Name that beach. And, how to get there. Oh, some help to shrink the display if you know how, please.
                  That view looks a lot like the view one enjoys looking toward Kane'ohe and the Marine Corps Base Hawaii from Kailua Beach Park on the Windward Side of O'ahu...the town in Hawai'i my mom calls home! To get there from Honolulu, take the Pali into Kailua, hang a right in downtown Kailua onto Kailua Road, and follow it all the way to either Buzz's Steak House, (of course, making the left at the traffic light where Kailua Road intersects with Wanaao Road) or cut behind the General Store which I can never remember the name of over that way. That view can be seen from anywhere along the beach within Kailua Beach Park.

So...am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
                    That view looks a lot like the view one enjoys looking toward Kane'ohe and the Marine Corps Base Hawaii from Kailua Beach Park on the Windward Side of O'ahu...That view can be seen from anywhere along the beach within Kailua Beach Park.
                    I wondered that, too - if it was Lanikai/Kailua, but it looked a little farther south than that to me. (But then, you can't really get that same view farther south, can you? Once you curve around past Bellows, it's not quite the same.) Okay, I'm gonna throw my lot in with SFB. (Best beach on O`ahu, the AF from Kane`ohe tells me.)
                    Last edited by Leo Lakio; June 16, 2006, 12:37 PM. Reason: AF note

Comment

Can I play? Even though I am way in the background of this picture currently (California), I took this shot on my last trip to Oahu. Name that beach.
                      Easy one. It's Kahala Beach, looking across Maunalua Bay to Koko Head on the right in the background, and Koko Crater on the left.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Yup, Kahala beach for sure. Diggin' how Lika Nui even distinguished Koko Head from Koko Crater.

... and the slippers were on sale, buy 1 get 1 FREE from Walmart?
                        Last edited by Pomai; June 16, 2006, 03:58 PM. Reason: added how to get there
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                          even distinguished Koko Head from Koko Crater.
                          ya ain't kama'aina if ya cain't.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            ya ain't kama'aina if ya cain't.
                            Kama`aina... Karma chameleon... it's all good, guys!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

regarding Kahala beach and how to get there...

The particular location you're situated at looks like the area where you park your car along Kahala Ave. near the Hunakai st. intersection and walk down a long beach access path. Although, it looks like you've walked quite a bit ways east of the access path.

I go there all the time.

Kama'aina Pomai
                              Last edited by Pomai; June 16, 2006, 04:14 PM.
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Excellent. Kahala Beach. Yep, walk through that little path at the end of Hunakai. No tourists there fo shua.

I walked out on the pipe to the breakers way out in the water. The water never got above my knees as I did so. Pretty cool.

I'll pull out some more pictures from my trip and see if you can guess them.

Comment

Working...
                                X