X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Name that part of Hawai'i?

Originally posted by Pomai
    Name the street of a Kauai business that was recently awarded with a national honor. Hint: The name of the street was also the name of a once-popular five-and-dime retailer.
    I'm going to say Kress Street in Lihue.

Comment

I'll have an extra large special, two beef sticks and a piece of lilikoi chifon for dessert.

Comment

( _ ) is a well preserved temple and is the largest on Oahu covering 5 acres. This was considered a powerful place for the Kahuna and one of two places where wives of ancient chiefs gave birth. This place may also have been a site of human sacrifice.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
          ( _ ) is a well preserved temple and is the largest on Oahu covering 5 acres. This was considered a powerful place for the Kahuna and one of two places where wives of ancient chiefs gave birth. This place may also have been a site of human sacrifice.
          Pu'u O Mahuka Heiau in Pupukea on the North Shore.

Surfingfarmboy, Kress St. in Lihue is correct, just as ExtraScoop was refering to Hamura's Saimin, which is located there. Extra Scoop - Extra Large Special - Extra Beef Stick... whoah.. no scade em!

Next...

This island located on the windward side of Oahu was made famous in the opening scene of a popular television sitcom starring an actor who recently passed away.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

This island located on the windward side of Oahu was made famous in the opening scene of a popular television sitcom starring an actor who recently passed away.
            Coconut Island, in Kāneʻohe Bay. Gilligan's Island. Bob Denver?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
              Coconut Island, in Kāneʻohe Bay. Gilligan's Island. Bob Denver?
              Darn it I was off playing around when I should've been paying attention!
              I knew that answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                Coconut Island, in Kāneohe Bay. Gilligan's Island.
                And its Hawaiian name is Moku o Loe.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Pu'u O Mahuka Heiau in Pupukea on the North Shore.
                  Yes Pomai. Sorry I forgot to say "You Got It !" .

Comment

Name dis place:

This was said to be the home of the shape shifting deity who had a craving for human flesh.

Comment

How 'bout?

Legend states that a jealous husband confined his wife in a sea cave near "The Rock". She drowned in the cave. The husband was so distraught over her death that he climbed "The Rock" with the help of the Gods and buried her there.

There is actually a Bird Heiau atop built by ancient Hawaiians.

Comment

Originally posted by LocoBoy
                        Name dis place:

This was said to be the home of the shape shifting deity who had a craving for human flesh.
                        I can't remember his name, but think it was the God who as a shark ate his wife on Kaho'olawe? Is He the one?

Comment

How 'bout?

Legend states that a jealous husband confined his wife in a sea cave near "The Rock". She drowned in the cave. The husband was so distraught over her death that he climbed "The Rock" with the help of the Gods and buried her there.

Just bringing this back up. Hoping for an answer...

Comment

Sry MenehuneMan & the rest of you guys for the delay. Nice try Menehune, but the answer awaits you on the Island of Oahu .

Comment

How 'bout?

Kaneana Cave... a.k.a. Makua Cave. And the deity in question is Kamohoali'i, the shark god.
                              Last edited by liberty; May 24, 2006, 11:21 PM. Reason: Typos!

Comment

Correct!! Congrats liberty

Comment

Working...
                                X