This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Name that part of Hawai'i?

Kauai... the red rock salt. Not sure what area but I still have a bag my friend brought over from 2 years ago.
    Originally posted by Menehune Man
    Where are well known ancient Hawaiian salt ponds still in use today?

Comment

Where are well known ancient Hawaiian salt ponds still in use today?
      The salt poinds next to Salt Pond Park near Hanapepe, Kauai.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
        Kauai... the red rock salt. Not sure what area but I still have a bag my friend brought over from 2 years ago.
        Yes Kauai. Just west of Hanapepe. We've used ours all up. Choice to cook with. Great flavor.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

A 1160 acre park, established in 1978 for the preservation, protection and interpretation of Hawaiian activities and culture.

It's the site of an ancient Hawaiian settlement which encompasses 4 different Ahupua'a-(traditional sea to mountain land divisions). Resources include fishponds, Kahua-(house site platforms), Ki'i Pohaku-(petroglyghs), Holua-(stone slide), and Heiau-(religious site).

Comment

A 1160 acre park, established in 1978 for the preservation, protection and interpretation of Hawaiian activities and culture.

It's the site of an ancient Hawaiian settlement which encompasses 4 different Ahupua'a-(traditional sea to mountain land divisions). Resources include fishponds, Kahua-(house site platforms), Ki'i Pohaku-(petroglyghs), Holua-(stone slide), and Heiau-(religious site).
            Kaloko-Honokohau National Historic Park on the Big Island.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park
                Heehee...I beat you by one little <Enter>!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  Kaloko-Honokohau National Historic Park on the Big Island. Miulang
                  Wow! You're good at this Kimo & Miulang! Cool.

Comment

Where in Hawai'i is there supposedly a natural profile of Pres. John F. Kennedy?

Miulang

Comment

Where in Hawai'i is there supposedly a natural profile of Pres. John F. Kennedy?

Miulang
                      Iao Needle, right?
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Take Iao Valley Road, Highway 32, and at Black Gorge. Look up and you'll see a natural rock formation that bears a remarkable resemblance to the late U.S. president John F. Kennedy

Comment

Name the closest beach on Maui to see Molokini?
                          Hint: Clothing optional

Comment

"Little Beach", on the other side of Makena "Big" Beach or Oneloa Beach (there's also an Oneloa Beach in West Maui too) by the Cinder Cone in Makena.

Miulang

Comment

Speaking of beaches, where is there a RED sand beach? (no, it's NOT red dirt! )

Miulang

Comment

"Little Beach", on the other side of Makena "Big" Beach or Oneloa Beach (there's also an Oneloa Beach in West Maui too) by the Cinder Cone in Makena.Miulang
                                That's the one I'm thinking of! I was anchored off of Kamaole 1 beach for awhile and rode my bike down there as often as I could during my stay. Much Fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X