X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Name that part of Hawai'i?

Originally posted by lurkah
    Do they lose that many rubbah slippahs on those beaches?
    No, but i think they thing now and then at that beatth, and it thoundth not high at all. at leatht they thing on key.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      ok... uuuhh

who was Dave Donnelly?
      Just got back from the 9th Hawaiian Island, Lost Wages. Catching up with this thread. Dave Donnelly was an original Poi Boy from the old 1380 AM KPOI radio station. His nickname was the Moose. He had the early morning spot for some time at KPOI. He later became the Second Mr. Checkers on the Checkers and Pogo kids show in the late 60's. He was also a columnist at the Star Bulletin for the longest up until the time of his death.
      Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

--------------------nemmind!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          Yes, and isn't it the stupidist, most egocentric name ever?

Miulang
          Being a pre-baby boomer <g> the term "dig me" initially has a different meaning for me...more along the lines of "get it?" or "understand?". My dad used that term all the time when I was in my teens. Of course, with a beach full of beautiful bodies "dig me" took on a whole new and, yes, egocentric meaning!

Comment

I have alot of friends who go to Sans Souci's from Club Kekai's! Nuff said.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

so, Auntee, you sayin maybe 'dig me' is mahu parlance for "geev it to me beeg boy!" ??

Comment

so, Auntee, you sayin maybe 'dig me' is mahu parlance for "geev it to me beeg boy!" ??
                Eh, next time juss say "language!" I makule already. I tired look up words. K-den. Your question. I guess so. Whatevea's. hahahahaha

Auntie Lynn

Now go back on da odda thread so we can fight with each odda. Stop being one racist!
                Last edited by 1stwahine; March 23, 2006, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I not ist a rac.

Comment

I not ist a rac.
                    Well, Stop acking it!

Lynn

Comment

wot rac i wen dis arready?!

Some of my bestest friends are da kine. ( or could be, i dunno... ainokea)

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                        I have alot of friends who go to Sans Souci's from Club Kekai's! Nuff said.

Auntie Lynn
                        Auntie, I haven't hung out at San Souci Beach in decades but do overlook it occasionally when dining at the Hau Tree Lanai at the Kaimana Beach Hotel.

SSB used to be the favored beach of the young and beautiful flight attendants and locals. Maybe it still is...dunno! It was definitely more locals than tourists. There was a great mix of people including families and, yes, gays but it was predominantly a singles beach. San Souci by day...Nicolas Nicholas by night! However, I think the favored gay beach has been and still is Queen's Surf Beach. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I think 'dig me' pertains more to 'look at what a beautiful, human specimen I am' than anything else.

Comment

tutusue, da one I'm talking about is da one located by da Waikiki Natatorium. Did I make a mistake? Ooops! I'm sorry. I taught dat wuz da one!

Auntie Lynn "gone with da wind" HAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                            tutusue, da one I'm talking about is da one located by da Waikiki Natatorium. Did I make a mistake? Ooops! I'm sorry. I taught dat wuz da one!

Auntie Lynn "gone with da wind" HAHAHAHAHAHA
                            I don't think you made a mistake, Auntie. San Souci beach is immediately Diamond Head of the natatorium. Queen's is approx. a block or so ewa of the natatorium.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                              I don't think you made a mistake, Auntie. San Souci beach is immediately Diamond Head of the natatorium. Queen's is approx. a block or so ewa of the natatorium.
                              I'm not sure if using Diamond Head as a directional for that area, since by that part of Waikiki, Diamond Head takes up a pretty wide swath of the horizon! But, I know what you mean.

Still, if that's San Souci, where is Kaimana Beach? That's what my friends and family have called the small patch of sand between the Natatorium and the hotels just... Koko Head of there.

ETA: Oop. Never mind. It's the same spot.
                              Last edited by pzarquon; March 23, 2006, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                                [...]ETA: Oop. Never mind. It's the same spot.
                                Very cool aerial. Thanks for the link. Yep...Koko Head would probably have been a better choice but Diamond Head was sticking in my brain!

Comment

Working...
                                X