Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Favorite Korean BBQ Restaurant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your Favorite Korean BBQ Restaurant?

I want to take my husband to a yummy korean BBQ restaurant where you cook your own BBQ. We love korean food (esp. all the kim chee) and will have our son with us so it should be a child friendly place with not too much smoke. Any suggestions?

Re: What's Your Favorite Korean BBQ Restaurant?

My two favorite Korean Resturants are "Han Yang" in Kalihi on N. King Street and "Million Dollar Yakiniku near Piikoi!" Both excellent Korean Food and Service!!! Both places offer BBQ Yakiniku Style and the smoke is no problem at both establishments. Infact, at Million Dollar Yakiniku they just installed a brand new system about two months ago!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...meeting067.jpg
    Beef Intestine Stew from Million Dollar Yakiniku!
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...asdecor028.jpg
    Korean Style Butterfish from Han Yang!

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; February 18, 2006, 07:32 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

My friend (Haken) introduced me to Han Yang, and I've become a fan. I always order off the menu, though, as I'm always convinced I'm going to seriously injure myself if allowed to prepare my own food.

Comment

I can't remember the name but it's buffet cook your own style place. It's on South Beretania Street, across from Star Market in Moiliili. It shares the same parking lot as the Kirin Restaurant. I have only been there once but I thought the place was good.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
          I can't remember the name but it's buffet cook your own style place. It's on South Beretania Street, across from Star Market in Moiliili. It shares the same parking lot as the Kirin Restaurant. I have only been there once but I thought the place was good.
          That's the place where the dearly beloved got 'drunk on meat' once - he cannot recall the name either because, of course, he was 'drunk'! He thinks it must have been good.

Comment

Camelia. Got one on McCully where Golden Duck used to be, also. Can't remember straight, the story behind the 2 restaurants is the Moiliili place went to the wife after a divorce. The husband opened and owns the McCully location. This was a while back and I don't know who owns what anymore. There's also a Camelia at Pearl Kai Shopping Center, but the don't offer yakiniku and it's only off the menu dining. Food's good there also.

We go to Soda Bol for off the menu. Camelia on McCully for yakiniku. If you like kimchee, they have at least 4 varieties on the buffet, plus 4 types and cuts of meats and vegetables galore.
            Last edited by Da Rolling Eye; February 18, 2006, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Sorabol, not Soda bol. Seoul Garden over by Femme Nu has some good yakinuki, but it is better if you have a bigger group. camellia buffet by mccully is pretty good, regardless of the number of people in your party. $16.95 for dinner. if you want to order off the menu and get authentic korean food and not break the bank, try "Chodang" over by kaiser permanente on cooke st, right off of kapiolani. whether you like korean bbq, or more traditional stuff like tofu soup in stone bowls, you'll have a good meal at Chodang for less than $7 a plate.

Comment

When eating at many Korean restaurants, especially near strip joints, be very careful not to flirt with the waitress. You might find there is a charge for that on your bill.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                  When eating at many Korean restaurants, especially near strip joints, be very careful not to flirt with the waitress. You might find there is a charge for that on your bill.
                  Too funny but TRUE!

...I've seen it happen.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by timkona

Originally posted by 1stwahine

Too funny but TRUE!
                    Are you folks serious? How do they itemize that part of the bill, "Kim she not free"?

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                      Are you folks serious? How do they itemize that part of the bill, "Kim she not free"?
                      da Kim was FREE. da "CHEE CHEE" wuz not! ROFLMAO

Aunty Lynn

Comment

After reading such great reviews, our office gang is interested in trying out Onjin's Cafe for lunch some time soon. They're located just across the street from Nordstrom Rack and Office Depot, behind Ward Entertainment Center on Kamake'e street.

Anyone here at HT been to Onjin's Cafe recently, or at all for that matter? What's your take?

That Boolgogi Kimchee sandwich looks like a winner.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                          [...]Anyone here at HT been to Onjin's Cafe recently, or at all for that matter?[...]
                          Yes.

(Now...to fulfill the 10 character minimum...I've been there several times, all at others' invitations. It's a popular place. You don't really want a food review from someone who is missing the majority of her smell and taste functions! )

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                            Anyone here at HT been to Onjin's Cafe recently, or at all for that matter? What's your take?
                            Pomai, Onjin's Cafe wen shut down back in May.
                            http://starbulletin.com/2007/05/25/b...s/story01.html

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                              Pomai, Onjin's Cafe wen shut down back in May.[...]
                              Dayam! Another disappearing establishment that shouldn't have disappeared.

Comment

Working...
                              X