Primo Beer Mascot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primo Beer Mascot?

I've been searching in vain for an image of the old Primo Beer mascot, you know, the squat little guy with a dog named "Howzit."

I've exhausted my efforts and it occurs to me that I should have put it to my esteemed HT colleagues from the git-go. Can anyone help me locate the image I seek?
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

I have a friend here in RI (who has never been to HI) who has what might be an old decal of the Primo Beer image your looking for. It's plastered on a tool box of his. Based on your description, (Primo decal is a chubby local guy in slippers waving a shaka), I think it might be what you're looking for, other than the fact the dog you mentioned is not seen in the decal.

If you come up dry here on HT with your search, would you want me to see if I could find someone who might be able to take a picture of the decal and send it on to you?

Comment

Re: Primo Beer Mascot?

"No can hear, get beer in my ear."

And with those few words, Primo went down in flames (coupled with bad beer).

At least the latest incarnation managed to get the trademarked "ali'i head" and a decent brew. I prefer the draft over the bottle. Nice to see it by the case at Costco, however.

Comment

Here ya go, straight off the bumper of 'the bomber'!!
        Attached Files
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
          Here ya go, straight off the bumper of 'the bomber'!!
          Hey, from the looks of it, that is about the size of a safety check sticker - maybe a version of the safety check from sometime in the early '70?
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Thanks Turtlegirl!! That is exactly what I was looking for. Jeez, if only my corporeal friends were so reliable. Thanks a ton, my HT peeps.
            Don't be mean,
            try to help.

Comment

How many parents in Hawaii named their baby Primo? Some people in China named their babies after the mascots of the Olympics.

Comment

Working...
              X