Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody Stop the Mayor (before he sings again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody Stop the Mayor (before he sings again!)

Seriously. This has to stop. Every time someone puts a microphone in his hand, the mayor starts singing. I guess I don't mind it so much at public events that are supposed to be fun, such as the Honolulu City Lights festival, but at his own inauguration ceremony? Or kicking off the state of the city address?

First, it lacks a certain dignity. That's not too bad, but there's a reason the mayor doesn't wear shorts and slippers to the state of the city address; similar reasons should apply to his breaking out into song.

Second, it is beginning to sound like an indulgence. Everyone's waiting for the mayor to do his thing, but first, here's a little number about the beauty of Hawaii, and it goes something like this...

And finally: While the mayor's certainly not awful when belting out a tune, hizzoner can't hold a note. He can carry a tune just fine, but if a note needs to be held for a measure or so, you know he's not going to make it. There'll be a little quiver, a little waver, or a little crack. This is really the least of his offenses; as I said, the guy's a passable singer. But why not limit his musical urges to charity events such as last year's Four Doctors, a Patient, and the Mayor fundraiser?

Please. Someone out there knows the mayor personally. Tell him to cut it out. What are we teaching the children?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Somebody Stop the Mayor (before he sings again!)

HAHAHAHAHAH

Bravo!!

Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      First, it lacks a certain dignity. That's not too bad, but there's a reason the mayor doesn't wear shorts and slippers to the state of the city address; similar reasons should apply to his breaking out into song.
      Hey, if he wears shorts and slippers, he would look less Hawaii Kai Haole.

Please. Someone out there knows the mayor personally. Tell him to cut it out. What are we teaching the children?
      That people who sing never get rich. God knows, if my kid start singing because of American Idol (or painting, sculpting or anything that emphasize useless form over practical function), I going spank'em and make them take accounting. I'm banking my retirement future on my children's profitable career in the long run.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Seriously. This has to stop. Every time someone puts a microphone in his hand, the mayor starts singing. I guess I don't mind it so much at public events that are supposed to be fun, such as the Honolulu City Lights festival, but at his own inauguration ceremony? Or kicking off the state of the city address?

First, it lacks a certain dignity.

Second, it is beginning to sound like an indulgence.
        I have to admit at first, I didn't care either way. He sounded better than Ben & Vicky Cayetano dueting with each other on Unforgettable. (Though that's faint praise, I suppose.) But if he is singing at all of those functions, then yeah, maybe he is getting carried away and somebody needs to tell him about it. (His wife? Please Gail. ) Problem is, he's probably the person who is least aware of his own limitations.

Maybe he thinks that just because his older brother Nephi was a professional entertainer, that some of that talent has rubbed off on him and he feels an obligation to share his "gift" with the rest of the world!
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post

Maybe he thinks that just because his older brother Nephi was a professional entertainer that some of that talent has rubbed off on him and he feels an obligation to share it with the world!
          Once I saw "Nephi" I was ready to pull a sansei (on Keahi Tucker). But I realized that if I did, I'd probably be in violation of the TOS and piss the admin off.

So instead I'll settle for .
          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
          We're not here to mess around
          Boston, you know we love you madly
          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
          You know we couldn't live without you
          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

He should open all of his events with a slap dance instead.
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Bet he has a better voice than Ted Kennedy!

Lovena
              Lovena

Comment

Second, it is beginning to sound like an indulgence. Everyone's waiting for the mayor to do his thing, but first, here's a little number about the beauty of Hawaii, and it goes something like this...

And finally: While the mayor's certainly not awful when belting out a tune, hizzoner can't hold a note. He can carry a tune just fine, but if a note needs to be held for a measure or so, you know he's not going to make it. There'll be a little quiver, a little waver, or a little crack. This is really the least of his offenses; as I said, the guy's a passable singer. But why not limit his musical urges to charity events such as last year's Four Doctors, a Patient, and the Mayor fundraiser?

I personally think Mayor Mufi is trying to undo the layers of stuffy government. I like a mayor with character just like you Sriv, a teacher with long hair who bucks the system of clean cut teachers.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I saw the big guy the other night, exiting from the hospial. He wasn't singing. He was just a regular, really tall guy. If he had been singing I would not have been all that upset.

Comment

Working...
                  X