Jamba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamba

OMG I am hooked but, I just checked the sugar content and it's outrageous. The site claims no processed sugar but, after looking at the numbers, I feel guilty.

Re: Jamba

I allow only milk, water, cranberry juice, and 4 Cokes/day in this body. I can't stand Jamba.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

One time I got a press release and a coupon for a freebie Acai cup, which was touted for its healthy attributes. But with who knows what and bananas and granola, it starts at like 800 calories...I asked about that and they provided me the info. I couldn't possibly ever justify having one of those, even if it's to start my day.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Whether it's processed or natural...sugar is sugar. It's just that one will kill you earlier.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

If you gotta get fruit in you, you are going to be putting sugar in you, too. Yes, it's a lot of calories, but if you avoid fruit because of the sugar content, you're doing yourself more harm than good. A regular-sized order of Jamba Juice is a good way to get your full day's fruit/veggies (or thereabouts) in you in one crack, leaving you free to have just a bloody steak for lunch and a vodka martini for dinner.

I'm kidding about that last part, but if you don't do it every day, I think Jamba's a great option for those of us who have trouble keeping fresh fruit in the fridge and who are always grabbing meals on the road.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The two most common fresh items I buy/carry around are bananas and purple sweet potatoes. Every time I head to the store I look for these items. At night I just boil a sweet potato or two; it holds all day, whether put in the fridge or left out on the dashboard. Bananas as well, but without the cooking requirements. They are perfectly sweet, and awesome in nutrients.

pax

Comment

The Jamba Lights are yummy!

Comment

there's no JJ near me at all so I make myself a fruit smoothie (fat free milk, one banana, 1/4 cup frozen fruit, spoonful plain yogurt, 100% juice fortified with vitamin C).

Lovena
                Lovena

Comment

Jamba came out with lower calorie smoothies a few years ago, but I always liked the Orange Dream. I was getting way too fat, though, and had to stop, so tried the low-cal green tea. Tasted somewhat like the OD, but tea-flavored, instead.

So I asked, why no low-cal Orange Dream?

The guys at the Aiea store, over the course of a few tries, concocted "Blaine's Special" low-cal Orange Dream. All of the old-timers at that store learned the recipe and could replicate it pretty well. "4-4-2-1-1-3"

I ordered one of these almost every evening when doing graveyard shift work. This would be my "meal" before going to work, along with a honkin' big Starbucks coffee.

People noticed and other people started ordering "that low-cal smoothie you make for that guy..."

I still go in there sometimes, but less often, now. Some of the employees still know the "Enlightened Dream Machine" recipe. They tell me that they still get requests for it, occasionally.
                  Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
                    there's no JJ near me at all so I make myself a fruit smoothie (fat free milk, one banana, 1/4 cup frozen fruit, spoonful plain yogurt, 100% juice fortified with vitamin C).
                    That sounds yummy, but it's not the kind of thing I'm looking for in a smoothie, mostly because if I have the chance to pour five servings of fruit in me at one time, I'll take it.

Because I'm not a banana fan (and because I loooooooove blueberries), my drink of choice is Orange Berry Blitz (not on the menu as of recently, but it was one of the original offerings, I believe, so they all know how to make it): orange juice, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, pineapple sorbet, ice. It's
                    410 calories, 94 grams of carbs, and 2.5 grams of fat, without the boosts. I usually boost it with "vita boost" and "fiber boost" (it's an extra quarter for the extra boost; totally worth it) mostly because I dig the high injection of soluble fiber.

I know: If I'd just have a normal three-meals-a-day diet, I wouldn't have to take all these extras with my occasional (maybe twice or thrice a week) indulgence, but the fact is that I don't. Most days, I'm out of the house between 5:30 in the morning and 10:30 at night, and that makes it tough to eat well.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?ID=269254221

No juice for you!

Comment

Working...
                      X