TheCaseisClosed.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheCaseisClosed.com?

Watching TV this PM - a rare treat - I saw an ad for an anti Ed Case website called something like "Caseclosed.com," and of course didn't write it down...

Now, I can't find it on the internet....

I know TV ads are tres cher (French for expensive), and wondered: was the site pulled? Or did I just get the address wrong in my elderly stupor? Or both?

Anyway, I know you know the distaste I have for Ed's Case, and wanted to say, "I had nothing to do with it!" which by now is patently obvious.

The ad alleged to decry his voting record - marred by his attention to crushing Akaka and promoting his own interests, as well as other stuff equally appalling (far beyond my meager knowledge).

Perhaps I got the name wrong.
    Perhaps the site was pulled by powers far beyond those wielded by we feeble humans.
    Perhaps it was a dream ~~~~~~~~.

(Sigh....) [can I do that here?]

Seeking enlightenment,

K~
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Re: Case Closed? dot COM?

I saw the commercial. It's "thecaseisclosed." I don't remember if it's paid for by the Republican party or the Democratic party.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      I saw the commercial. It's "thecaseisclosed." I don't remember if it's paid for by the Republican party or the Democratic party.
      It was paid for by Independent Women's Voice. And I can pretty much guarantee that women's voice didn't include Auntie Pupule's!

I just HATE this kind of negative advertising...regardless of the candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
        Click here for a direct link to the site or click here for a 32-second video tease explaining what the site purports to reveal. Interesting. I’ll read through their documents and see if it’s worth considering.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Business as usual in politics:

One-sided is the name for all political advertising: for or against. It's hard to get a fair picture of a candidate when the candidate only tells the 'good parts version,' and the opposing elements only tell the mistakes, dishonesty and lies.

I like impartial ratings based on a candidates votes in office, explanation of a candidates position, etc., but it's hard to find without substantive research.

Thanks TuNnL, Walkoff and tutusue for the direction here so I could see it myself. I found it kind of smarmy, BTW. I would rather they just give us the Joe Friday approach: "Just the facts. ma'am."

Maybe they gave us some good facts, but they dressed it up in unnecessary drama.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
          X