• Show
Clear All

Re: As Seen on TV Products

I read good reviews of ginsu knives.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      I read good reviews of ginsu knives.
      I bought this set of 14 for $33 from Amazon 3 years ago. I think they're great for the price. Mine don't cut well any longer, and the handle of one came loose.
      Greg

Comment

Never bought a thing from As seen on TV but I do fondly recall the old Ktel album and cassette commercials!! I bought 3 of them and still have them tucked in my drawer.
        If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
          I bought this set of 14 for $33 from Amazon 3 years ago. I think they're great for the price. Mine don't cut well any longer, and the handle of one came loose.
          Can't you get them replaced? I thought Ginsu knives had a 50 year warranty.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            Can't you get them replaced? I thought Ginsu knives had a 50 year warranty.
            I wouldn't be surprised if I could get the one (of 14) that broke replaced. But I don't need that particular knife, so I'm not going to try.
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by memorylane View Post
              Never bought a thing from As seen on TV but I do fondly recall the old Ktel album and cassette commercials!!
              There was a SCTV spoof where the annnouncer talked as fast as he could to get in as much of the songs and artists included on the record.
              Does the more songs on a record decrease the sound quality?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                Does the more songs on a record decrease the sound quality?
                On vinyl, yes. The more material you try to fit in, it has to be mastered with less dynamic range (because the grooves have to be more closely spaced together).

On a CD, there is an upper limit as to how much you can fit on a standard disc (using what's called the Red Book standard) - just under 80 minutes of audio. Beyond that, you simply can not go, unless you are using an unusual variation of the standard.

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                  Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to imply that the one I got was better than the model you were looking at.
                  ok, Were clear on that

Probably the bad things people had to say about the 1100 model, they would also say about mine. The 1500 model has a 2 hp motor -- that's powerful! It might handle raw vegetables better than the 1100 one, or mine. (It wouldn't matter to me, since I don't put things like spinach in my smoothies. Yuck.)

All I can say about that spinach thing is; to each their own. :-).
                  Aches & Pains
                  (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    It was interesting to read about how poorly the Ninja 1100 handled spinach and kale. I'm one of those people who loves green smoothies and I have a much lower powered blender. It pulverizes the greens to a smooth texture. I guess, for the Ninja, it might be a blade issue.
                    It could be that & the motor issue too? IF it is not blending like it should, perhaps the motor is slow & the blade is dull?

I hope when it was returned, that it was within the warranty, I felt bad for the person that it didn't work out like they wanted it to be. I hope they got their money back in a timely manner too.
                    Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                      It could be that & the motor issue too? IF it is not blending like it should, perhaps the motor is slow & the blade is dull?
                      Of course it could be a motor issue but the point I attempted to make was my blenders motor is much LESS powerful than the 1100s yet handles spinach and kale just fine. That's why I'm suspecting the 1100s blade.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                        Two products that I am interested in are...
                        The hurrycane for Mom.
                        And the wax_vacuum_ear_cleaner for my wife and I.

Anyone have any experience with either of these?
                        My wife and I walked into the 'As seen on TV' shop at Ward Warehouse and they didn't have either product in stock. Also saying the Ala Moana shop doesn't either. Oh well... just hoping.
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Have you tried Don Quijote? They have a quite a bit of As Seen On TV products.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
                            Not to mention Walgreen's. And it's all in one place. Look for the aisle with the little TV monitor, playing commercials of the products being sold on the shelf.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The best "As Seen on TV product" I ever have is this....

Ped Egg

Every time &/or when I do shower, once I am done, I always use that Ped Egg for my heels (because sometimes my heels tend to dry up, & I can't stand it.), then once I am done using the Ped Egg on my heels, I rub some petroleum jelly on my heels & wear a nice clean socks with my slippers (or flip flops) on all day, & let me tell you, that helps BIG TIME !!. The best thing about that is, NO NEED BATTERIES &/or NO NEED to plug it in to some outlet. Its portable & you can replace the bottom part when it gets dull, which is not that often, probably on a rare side.

I don't care if its TMI, I just love the that product!!!. They sell it for men too, we saw one at the As Seen On TV store, & we got one for my hubby.
                              Last edited by Serenity; January 14, 2013, 08:28 AM.
                              Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
                                Yeah!! . Some in Longs Drugs & quite few in Walmart too
                                Aches & Pains

Comment

Working...
                                X