• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gus; Mufi has alzheimers

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    The mini-media ...
    ... the announcer/NPR ...
    A rather odd equation, I think. Since when is NPR "mini" media?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Since when is NPR "mini" media?
      When it's a local announcer making a brief one-time mention between programs.
      Havn't heard a followup yet on it, making it even minier.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

When it's a local announcer making a brief one-time mention between programs.
        Havn't heard a followup yet on it, making it even minier.
        If it's the local announcer reading the local news, it probably wasn't on NPR.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          If it's the local announcer reading the local news, it probably wasn't on NPR.
          You're right, I made the whole thing up. nyah nyah. Happy?

Comment

Nobody's accusing you of making it up. I was just observing that Leo's not understanding how you could call NPR the "mini media" is probably caused by your citing NPR instead of what was most likely HPR. I doubt he'd have been as confused by your calling HPR the "mini media."
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
              Nobody's accusing you of making it up. I was just observing that Leo's not understanding how you could call NPR the "mini media" is probably caused by your citing NPR instead of what was most likely HPR.
              HPR confusing Mufi with Nephi? Now I find that particularly hard to swallow. Not when their news staff consists of the likes of Wayne Yoshioka (a former Mufi appointee) and Noe Tanigawa (one of the most experienced radio reporters in this state).

I can plausibly believe this kind of mistake being uttered by almost any other radio station with a jock who is either inexperienced or doesn't follow local politics closely. But out of all the stations on the dial, one would think HPR would be the least likely source for this kind of mis-reporting.
              Last edited by Frankie's Market; December 1, 2012, 05:36 PM.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                HPR confusing Mufi with Nephi?
                HPR's got an excellent reputation for their news work, that's certain. (Nod in Kimo's direction.) Now, if I were not necessarily listening closely to a report, I might mis-hear "Mufi" when someone said "Nephi" - two syllables, similar first letter sound, ending syllable with an "f" sound, followed by the distinct last name - I'm just saying it's possible.

Comment

I've known the name Nephi longer than I've been aware of his brother Mufi, I have met Nephi thru mutual friends, I like Nephi compared to Mufi, I know the names and would have been even more alert to the news had the announcer said Nephi. I did not get it wrong even tho the facts evolve with time, if that's too much to accept for some, then

Comment

tho the facts evolve with time,
                    Giving credit where credit is due,...

Mahalo to Kimo for providing the straight dope on this topic.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Re: Hannemann has alzheimers

. . . on another note, curious about Wayne Yoshioka being a Mufi appointee. Don't think so, but I could be mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                        . . . on another note, curious about Wayne Yoshioka being a Mufi appointee. Don't think so, but I could be mistaken.
                        Mayor Hannemann Appoints New Transportation Chief
                        Updated: Nov 14, 2007 1:43 PM HST

HONOLULU (KHNL) - The Department of Transportation Services has a new chief. Mayor Mufi Hannemann appointed Wayne Yoshioka Wednesday to take over as director.

Yoshioka replaces Melvin Kaku when he becomes director of the Department of Emergency Management.

Mayor Hannemann said he's thrilled Yoshioka accepted the responsibility.

"Wayne is well-qualified to take over the reins from Melvin Kaku, who's brought us this far during his tenure, and who has developed a solid record of accomplishment as director," said Hannemann.

Yoshioka's new role takes effect December 1.
                        http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/7...type=printable
                        Greg

Comment

Wayne Yoshioka. Same name, but different people.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller555 View Post
                            Wayne Yoshioka. Same name, but different people.
                            If that's true, then I will readily admit making a mistake.

Unlike some people....

Comment

There are actually a few other Wayne Yoshiokas around as well, and they are occasionaly in touch to joke about the misunderstandings.

Wayne Yoshioka at HPR is a former KITV reporter and retired Army Captain - and he often reports - with no clarifying comment included or necessary - on the other well-known Wayne Yoshioka at the City.

But, yes, it does create some confusion from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                              X