Who's Streamin'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Streamin'?

It's been some time since the mass exodus of live streaming most radio stations went through some time ago- via that hunk o' money the artists and record companies wanted from the stations.

What's the latest on that?

I haven't really done much homework on the subject... but it seems like we need something to discuss...

It's been so quiet here for so long.

I'm glad the opening page finally changed- goodness- we were looking at those panel folks for , I don't know two months?

Yipes, there must be something happening-

Thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone was still here...

"tumbleweeds"

anyway- any insight to the streaming?...

The only ones I think still stream are some of the non-profit, LP stations...
    Am I right?

Thanks!

Re: Who's Streamin'?

A lot of local stations are streaming, including the big, monolithic corporate ones (Cox, at least). Mel's directory of Honolulu radio stations, for example, includes a little icon () to indicate which stations stream online. KRTR, KCCN, KHUI...

The folks most threatened by that copyright/licensing thing were internet-only broadcasters, and I remember Robert Abbett was very outspoken about it. But, Internet Radio Hawaii is still around.

Comment

I probably need to update the information on the Honolulu as well as the neighbor island radio pages.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I listen to http://airamericaradio.com/ over the internet, Mel you might be interested in that station, its right up your alley!

KalihiBoy

Comment

Not really. I rather listen to KHVH and KHBZ for my talk radio needs. For music I stick with Oldies 107.9 FM, KRTR,KPOI FM and KSSK... sometimes KTUH depending what's on during a daypart...though lately I've been liking the Hawaiian music on 940 AM.... somehow traditional Hawaiian music seems to be more "nostalgic" on AM with all the static and stuff...hahaha...
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Mel,

I was joking with you about reccommending Air America, they are a liberal radio station and I knew how you would love that!

About all I can stand of Rick Hamada is his newspaper articles in the MidWeek.

Reason I can tolerate it is because I'm finished reading in 5 minutes, no way could I stomach listening to a few hours of his garbage.

KalihiBoy

Comment

My sentiments about Air America echo your sentiment about Rick Hamada. Except I don't have to read anything written by Air America's people. To each his own.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I think Aloha Joe and The Lava Lounge on huimusic.com are still streaming. Also I fond a guy who's from Hawaii that does an internet show from Las Vegas called P2PHawaii (I think). But I don't know if they are all "streaming" or pre-recorded.

TY

Comment

I have been listening to kong for a little over 3 years now, still enjoying it
                  There is not a day I do not dream about The Islands...

Comment

Aloha Joe is true "live streaming". I checked out the lava lounge and it was just 2 shows that were pre-recorded. There are no banners on the lava lounge and it sounded a bit cleaner, but I perfer the live approach of Aloha Joe.

Spongie

Comment

KIPO-FM 89.3 is streaming, albeit at a reduced capacity. We are in the process of putting together a dedicated server which will be able to handle up to 30 listeners at once at 36K. ETA is 3/1, if all goes well.

Comment

I listen to KINE 105.1 and occasionally KCCN. I'm glad KINE is still streaming. That's the station I listen to when I visit Hawaii.

Comment

Best radio on the planet is streamin' from Wailuku, Maui:
                          http://www.manaoradio.com

Comment

Working...
                          X