UH Warriors vs UNLV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH Warriors vs UNLV

Hawai‘i enters Sam Boyd Stadium as 20½-point favorites over the UNLV Rebels, and bring with them more than 7,000 fans. Will the 12th man provide the extra boost UH needs to rebound after a close loss to the Washington Huskies? The Rebels get the ball first, and while Aaron Brown makes a katoosh of a stop for “three and out,” once again special teams has problems holding on to the ball and turn it over to UNLV.

First down Rebels, 0-0 with 11:21 left in the first quarter in a game being televised on the CBS Sports Network (Oceanic Time-Warner 247/1247 HD)

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Re: UH Warriors vs UNLV

An 80-yard return by UNLV running back Tim Cornett helped the Rebels jump out to a 17-point lead before the Warriors finally answered back with a single touchdown before halftime. I have to question just what is going on on special teams. They are not playing well at all. On offense, Miah Owstrowski’s presence is clearly missed, as Moniz can’t seem to get his timing down with Royce Pollard as the only deep threat. Darius Bright had some early success, but continues to be inconsistent. And while Justin Clapp did score UH’s only touchdown, he doesn't have the speed to beat the Las Vegas defense.

The pistol is finally clicking on all cylinders for the UNLV rebels — who lead Hawai‘i 17-7 at the half.

© Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

I've been following the score on CNN.com at this link. Looks like it's 33-14 UNLV at the beginning of the fourth quarter.
      Star-Advertiser says the game will be replayed at noon tomorrow on public access TV.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Must be the eating of too much Las Vegas buffets.

Comment

I had UH plus 19 points. Did I win?

Comment

Meant to catch The Coach's Show last nite to hear the thinking, but spaced it. This is sad to see happening to such promise.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Watching this game was so frustrating that you can only joke about it. It was deja-vu all over again by playing two straight road games and laying a tamago in the second game.

Comment

Working...
              X