X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phonetically it's Jook, but we prefer Turkey

Originally posted by Pomai
    Auntie Lynn, hope you throw in chopped Choong Choi (salted turnips). Das' da' secret to a good pot of Chook! (a.k.a. Juk or Jook). Plus, no fo'get da' Water Chestnuts.

I'll share my recipe for Jook (Chook) later after Thanksgiving.

Tonight's Sustenance & more Sustenance (S&S Saimin) for me. GF's havin' Chic' Noodle Soup.

Rainy-kinda'-stay-home-evening for us.
    Nah, Pomai...it was plain as can be. MAMA made me da kine with chicken, ginger root, chinese parsley and green onion. I added a tib bit of shoyu. Still tasted bland -- but better than what I had these past few nights. (flu) I'm looking forward for your's in November's.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: What's For Dinner - Chapter 1

Leftover salad from lunch. Thank Heaven for Room Service in Paradise! And, one glass of very cheap chardonnay. Still in the office...just booted the director out the door...not driving anywhere in this rain! Futon's rock!

Comment

Re: Feeling Clammy

Eating Pot roast beef from Spot's (at home because I refuse to leave the house should I miss volleyball for any possible reason...). I love, LOVE, this stuff. This is definitely the best pot roast I've ever eaten (of course I haven't eaten a great deal, but this is certainly my favorite). It's also kind of...the only thing I eat from Spot's at the moment (I'm not very adventurous in what I eat). I don't think I'll be eating any dessert after. If I do, it'll probably just one of those single serving cups of Raisin Bran Crunch (that office commerical got me hooked).
        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Pot Roast and Lipton Iced Tea

If you like pot roasts, use the dry Lipton Onion Soup mix. Easy and super ono!

Salt n' pepper the Chuck Roast then brown all sides in the pot (high heat). Sprinkle the Onion Soup mix over the roast, then pour enough chicken stock and some wine to cover about 1/4 up from the bottom of the roast. You can also use a can of cream of mushroom soup for added flavor.

Let da' buggah slow cook in pot on low for about 2-3 hours. In the last half hour of cooking add cuts of potato, celery and carrots. When veggies finish cooking, remove meat and veggies and set on serving platter. Thicken gravy with flour. Serve and enjoy.

Winnah!

Or, just go order 'em again at Spots.

Might go Shack HK tonight. Not sure yet.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Super late dinner at Magoo's. Oh yeah had the Magoo's Potpourri pizza with some diet cola of what could be a Pepsi.

Comment

My neighbor across of me has a Baby Birthday Party. When they give parties at MWH -- it's a party for the neighborhood! I lent my tent one of many they have up. They sent over a plate of two steaks, four chicken thighs, Samoan Chop Suey (Long Rice, Kernal Corn, Pork, Slices of Onions) and some other BBQ Meats. MAMA and I took four bites and put the rest in the ice box.

We'll get to eat it all eventually.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Pig's Feets Soup with Mustard Cabbage and Potatoes

Hot Steam Rice, Kim Chee, and Hot Passion-Orange Tea

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Would Spots have potroast by 10 a.m. on Monday morning? I'd give it a try as I have to be down there tomorrow. It's on Dillingham, right? Where the old KDEO radio tower still stands?
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Would Spots have pot roast by 10 a.m. on Monday morning? I'd give it a try as I have to be down there tomorrow. It's on Dillingham, right? Where the old KDEO radio tower still stands?
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I'm not sure what I'm going to have for dinner tonight..it's getting late, so I'll probably just snack. But I do know what I'm drinking! A special friend brought me a 1 liter bottle of "Hawaiian Springs" Water from Keeau! It's chilling in the Hotpoint as I type.

Comment

Popeye the Lasagna Man

Surfingfarmboy, gotta' save some of that Hawaiian springs H2O for water your pumpkin patch.. might help grow some bambucha's for give da' keiki on Halloween!

Tonight's some left-over Lasagna I made last night. Marinara with Spinach, Basil and Mozarella & Ricotta cheese. No wine this time. Just a glass of cold milk.

Something about Italian food and Milk. Just love it! Perhaps the combination of dairy in the food (cheese) and milk combined just work for me. Weird.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

We celebrated my daughter's return at Seoul Garden Yakiniku at 1679 Kapiolani Boulevard. Ph. (808) 944-4803

Ordered two Kalbi (BBQ Short-Ribs), one Fried Ika (Squid) with vegetables, Beef Intestines Stew with Tofu, Fried Mundo, House Salad, Fried Battered Vegetables. It came with assorted kim chees and seeweed soup.

Service excellent. Food *****

My tummy is full. My heart is at ease.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Kapahulu Ave. Restaurant Update

Just drove down Kapahulu this evening. It's been several months since the last time.

Noticed HARPO's is CLOSED! Does anyone know when it closed? Guess the competition from Pizza Hut and Papa J's was too much for them.

Also noticed Dunkin' Donuts in the former Genki Sushi building near Diamond Head Video was closed too.

Ono Hawaiian Food is still goin' strong with a solid line in front tonight.

Genki Sushi (across the street in the former FHB location) was packed as always.

Pyramids Egyptian Cuisine is still open too. One place I haven't been yet that I MUST TRY.

A new place I noticed was - I think it was called - LA BAMBA's Mexican Restaurant on the Diamond Head side of Kapahulu.

Solo tonight so ended up getting a Cold Cut Subway sandwich to go.
                            Last edited by Pomai; October 26, 2005, 07:37 PM.
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I made Fried Chicken Wings. Can Pork-n-Beans, Hot Steam Rice, Apple Juice from Japan.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Mini pork adobo plate from Golden Coin. You know, I thought I liked Loulen's more than Golden Coin...but now I think I definitely like Golden Coin's taste and meat pieces more. I dunno what it is. Both are good, Golden Coin is just more tasty for me.
                                myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Working...
                                X