"Eli Stone" on ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Eli Stone" on ABC

I wasn't paying much attention to last week's episode of Eli Stone since it airs after Lost. And while I wasn't paying much attention to tonight's episode I did tape so that I can watch it later.

Re: "Eli Stone" on ABC

I haven't seen the show but I do know it became a topic of discussion among some some lawyers who were very unhappy with it ~ the comments included "It's completely bats**t crazy wrong" on matters of law and legal ethics and "There's "not quite accurate" and there's disingenuously, dangerously wrong. Maybe it's a fine line to you, maybe you know it when you see it (like obscenity) but to me, it's pretty clearly somewhere in the vicinity of "when it makes the entire profession look unethical and slipshod."

But the discussion did also lead to L&O and how Sam Waterston also says/goes things that are not legally correct, but at least he says them in a believable manner. I believe Waterston has said something to the effect that L&O trains the actors to say the unbelievable in a believable manner. and it was mentioned that Waterston has a running gag on the Colbert Show: "Sam Waterston Says Things You Should Never Believe In A Trustworthy Manner"

http://wikiality.com/Sam_Waterston_S...tworthy_Manner

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
      I haven't seen the show but I do know it became a topic of discussion among some some lawyers who were very unhappy with it ~ the comments included "It's completely bats**t crazy wrong" on matters of law and legal ethics and "There's "not quite accurate" and there's disingenuously, dangerously wrong. Maybe it's a fine line to you, maybe you know it when you see it (like obscenity) but to me, it's pretty clearly somewhere in the vicinity of "when it makes the entire profession look unethical and slipshod."

But the discussion did also lead to L&O and how Sam Waterston also says/goes things that are not legally correct,...
      That's because Sam Waterston's character on L&O is not a prophet.

The show piqued my interest that borders on the very edge of belief ... a modern-day prophet in the form of a lawyer (though the more pragmatic skeptics would rather think it's the tumor that plagued his father).

It also helps that they're using George Michael and his collection of songs from my "good old days."

BTW, tonight's episode (2/28) brought Eli Stone to Molokai, Hawaii to find an automotive engineer that could damage his client's case. Not exactly location shooting.

P.S. I remembered Johnny Lee Miller when he was on that Hacker movie with his former wife Angelina Jolie. Seeing him now makes me feel much much older.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

For what it's worth (I know, not much!) I like this show. I LOVE George Michael and just as I did when I was 13 - I want to have his love child. I know, I'm not his type but WHO CARES!

My fave character is Eli's secretary - she cracks me up every time she opens her mouth!!

It's good for a bit of escapism - not to be taken seriously AT ALL!!! In fact, lawyers who are unhappy about being portrayed as unethical and slipshod... that's pretty funny to me too!!!!
        Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
        My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

I wonder what the lawyers think of Boston Legal. At least Denny has the "Mad Cow" excuse.

I am sure Molokai airplane seen was not even on Molokai. It irks me that they fake all the San Francisco scenes just like on Journey Man. Why even bother to pretend the show is set in SF? Last night they pretended to view the destruction of the GG Bridge from GG Park--an impossible view. Am I nitpicking?

Wasn't the seismologist from last night's episode on Journey Man?

Comment

Originally posted by alohatim View Post
            Wasn't the seismologist from last night's episode on Journey Man?
            He's the same actor who played a Denebian Chief Medical Officer on Star Trek: Enterprise.

Comment

Originally posted by alohatim View Post
              I am sure Molokai airplane seen was not even on Molokai.
              Unless they built an airstrip somewhere else besides Ho'olehua or Kala'upapa, that ain't it.

BTW, I didn't know Jonny Lee Miller is a Brit. Heard him conversing with Craig Ferguson on a late-night talk show.

Comment

I saw tonight's season finale. Even though at the end of the episode Eli woke up, there was no hint if anyone else was around at the time or it's just another level of hallucination.

Comment

Working...
                X