Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who Should Be Obama’s VP?

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    how can anybody know for sure that (Edwards') statement is 100% true, after he told a bald-faced lie about not having an affair in the first place? How can anybody take him at his word at this point?
    It looks like at least Fox News has similar questions. I’m also pretty skeptical that he has not colored his admission with half-truths, considering just how neat and convenient his version of the facts appear to be.

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    I don't know what Edwards and Hunter have in mind
    It is actually this sentiment that I find most interesting about the fiasco. What exactly was Rielle Hunter doing in her ‘official capacy’ for the Edwards campaign? Perhaps the videos she shot will give some insight into how a relationship developed between the North Carolina senator and a fledgling independent videographer — and who is really telling the truth.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
      Since we're speaking hypothetically, Random, I would say I'd raise any child of mine so that s/he would be inclined to avoid dalliances with those who are spoken for.
      You're not going to succeed all the time.

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
      This would leave me, in this hypothetical situation, to vote for the candidate I choose and avoid using a bolo. *wink*
      If you want, I'll hold it for you.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        What a jerk.
        As an individual, yeah.

As a politician, he'd fit right in. No matter how much we tried, we're just basically trying to send an angel into a corrupted Hell on Earth that is Capitol Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          Just what was running thru their heads when they knew the facts would come up, and probably at a seriously bad time ...
          Sure glad it came out when he wasn't a factor in anything important.
          I’m not so sure John Edwards wasn’t a factor in anything important, right up to his nationally televised admission. As late as last month, pundits were feeding speculation Edwards was being considered for a VP slot. Even here, in our unscientific HT poll, two out of 19 people still felt he was the best choice, not including our resident Edwards cheerleader, timkona. But few disputed Edwards was a lock for Attorney General under Obama. Now, even those prospects are withering on the vine.

More recent reports appear to support Frankie’s Market, who contends Edwards’ political career is over. In addition to Rielle Hunter’s close confidante, as well as Hunter’s own sister, publicly accusing Edwards of continuing to lie... Edwards is now being hammered for what appears to be a $14,000 payment made from an Edwards PAC to Rielle after her employment with the campaign had ended.

Hush money?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Announcement expected by this Saturday - http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...19/Veepstakes/

Speculation is focusing now on Biden, Sebelius, Bayh or Kaine.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
              More recent reports appear to support Frankie’s Market, who contends Edwards’ political career is over.
              Why is it that Edwards' political career is over and not McCain's too? McCain admitted that he had an extramarital affair (with his current wife) while still married to his first wife. I don't get it. I'm not casting judgement, just trying to be logical.

The US is so.....so..... provincial.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                Why is it that Edwards' political career is over and not McCain's too? McCain admitted that he had an extramarital affair (with his current wife) while still married to his first wife. I don't get it. I'm not casting judgement, just trying to be logical.

The US is so.....so..... provincial.
                Hey, if Clinton can fool around, so can Edward and McCain.

Sexual infidelity is not important.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                  [...]
                  Sexual infidelity is not important.
                  I respectfully disagree. It sets up the question of Trust. If someone is lying about sexual infidelity, what else are they lying about?

Comment

Take it from me....Once the trust is gone.....it's game over.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      I respectfully disagree. It sets up the question of Trust. If someone is lying about sexual infidelity, what else are they lying about?
                      Originally posted by timkona View Post
                      We're talking about politicians here, folks, not your spouses/partners.

You'd be foolish to give them your trust to begin with.

Comment

Why do we need a Vice President? We have a King already. I've seen him on Live, Local, Late-Breaking!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          The answer to your question, IMHO, was thoroughly outlined more than a week ago, in post #47. And unlike in McCain’s case, the issue raised in post #54, further frames the issue as unresolved.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            We all lie, or cheat. Not all the time, but it makes us human.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                              BINGO!
                              Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              We're talking about politicians here, folks, not your spouses/partners.

You'd be foolish to give them your trust to begin with.
                              I assume "them" refers to politicians...not spouses/partners!
                              Originally posted by Random View Post
                              We all lie, or cheat. Not all the time, but it makes us human.
                              But, we all aren't politicians entrusted with the fate of an entire nation. Trust matters. See timkona's quote above!

Comment

Joe Biden said today "I'm not the guy".

He could have said "no comment". I guess he is out then.

Putting two *young* people on the ticket could help the VP's future if he/she runs for President eventually.

Is Jim Webb from Virginia been taken out of consideration?

Aj

Comment

Working...
                                X