Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measles in Hawaii

Second case of measles, outbreak confirmed in Hawaii
    This latest case involves a toddler who sat in the same doctor’s office as the baby who first contracted the disease. “They were in the same doctor’s office, so that’s the exposure,” said Dr. Sarah Park, state epidemiologist.

State health officials confirm second measles case in Hawaii
    The state is urging medical professionals to be on the look out after confirming a second measles case in Wahiawa... Measles are much more contagious that the flu and victims can develop complications such as pneumonia. In the U.S., about one in every 500 cases ends up in death.

Re: Measles in Hawaii

What's the lastest? Are we in danger?

Comment

Nothing since the update at the end of February... I'd keep an eye on the news, or the Department of Health's Immunization Branch/Disease Outbreak Control Division website:

http://health.hawaii.gov/docd/home/imm/

DOH staff continue to work closely with healthcare providers and facilities as well as the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention’s Honolulu Quarantine Station to identify and notify persons who may have been exposed.

The best way to prevent measles is to get vaccinated. The Department of Health is asking everyone to check their immunization status and contact their healthcare provider if they need to be vaccinated.

Comment

It is important to remember that there are two main forms of Measles.

There are German Measles and Red Measles.

Both are awful; I know , I had both.

not at the same time

These virus can cause placental damage and are insidious.

Do not ignore its threat.

Comment

Working...
        X