Thunderbirds Over Waikiki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: waste$ , Re: Thunderbirds Over Waikiki

Great photos Na Ali'i. Pomai, the one of the birds between the buildings is also a keeper!
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: Thunderbirds Over Waikiki

A big thanks to all of you for your reports and photos, especially since I couldn't get over to that side of the rock this weekend.
      One month until the Blue Angels are right here in my front yard... woo-HOO!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        Like our post-9/11 NTSB commercial air safety procedures are. Everyone has to remove their shoes just because one joker puts plastic explosives in his. Grrrr. We might as well travel naked.
        Heeeeyyyyy!!!!! I LIKE IT!!! Has anybody pointed this out to the TSA?

Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
          NIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!

photo one oh one or what, it is a fine shot. We were near this guy who had a nice Cannon, and then this wahine in a leather hat, some kind of ID and all kinds of photo gear came by...my husband, who works at The Advertiser, said that his paper doesn't use Cannons so maybe she worked at the SB? Anyway, this guy with his little EOS CLEARLY had camera lust. I almost called him on it!
          That sounds like Cindy Ellen Russell of the Star-Bulletin.
          Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Had the chance to see the Thunderbirds flying and soaring above me at Sand Island Park. It was amazing.
            Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
              That sounds like Cindy Ellen Russell of the Star-Bulletin.
              I think the guy was using the cameras as an excuse to look at CER, as she is quite a fetching young lady.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post

"Buzzing the Rainbow Tower"
                Excellent shot. Your timing was perfect! And you got all 6 of them to boot!

I was shooting with a 340mm lens. Nice close ups when I can keep up with them, but it also means there's no sense of "place". My shots probably look like anyone else's from the last 10 cities they performed at. I'm going to have to remember that for the Blue Angels. Nailing the rainbow tower has a great sense of "place" and shows just how low they were flying.

Comment

Originally posted by na alii View Post
                  Nice shots. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate. What lens?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post

Added a few more to my Flickr site. Most now from 2:30 show taken at Magic Island.
                    Good shot. Your first one seemed a bit noisy. Cropped or high ISO? What lens are you using?

Also, I can't get your link to work.

Edit: Duh. I figured out the link problem. "www" not "ww". Don't know why I couldn't see that. Too busy looking at the other end.
                    Last edited by GeckoGeek; September 17, 2007, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Re: Thunderbirds Over Waikiki

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                      Nice shots. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate. What lens?
                      Canon 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6L EF IS

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                        Good shot. Your first one seemed a bit noisy. Cropped or high ISO? What lens are you using?

Also, I can't get your link to work.

Edit: Duh. I figured out the link problem. "www" not "ww". Don't know why I couldn't see that. Too busy looking at the other end.
                        My bad on the link URL. Somehow during cutting and pasting I dropped one of the w's...

As for the lens I used, Canon 70 - 300 UM zoom with image stabilizer all shot at 400 ISO with an aging Canon 300D. The photos I post to flickr and other websites are lo-res images and not the originals which I keep all to myself. And the one with the F16 in flight was cropped from a higher res original.

BTW thanks for all your comments on these. I've enjoyed looking at all of the photos posted here. And if you are interested in more photos there are many excellent shots (not by me) on Flickr.com. Just do a search under "Thunderbirds Hawaii" and see what comes up.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                          The photos I post to flickr and other websites are lo-res images and not the originals which I keep all to myself.
                          What do you consider lo-res? I saw at least one shot on there at 2048 x 1360. That's good for at least a 4x6 at 300dpi. Probably not too shabby 8x10.

And if you are interested in more photos there are many excellent shots (not by me) on Flickr.com. Just do a search under "Thunderbirds Hawaii" and see what comes up.[/QUOTE]

Oh, man. Some really nice shots. A couple of guys even nailed the two solos crossing. No one seems to have gotten the sneak.

Comment

Working...
                          X