Legislature to ponder private jet purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Legislature to ponder private jet purchase

Da question remains ~ Good Golly Miss Molly! How come she couldn't rememba who gave it to her? She is the Senate President isn't she? OMG!!!

She betta buy a PLANNER or something!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      Da question remains ~ Good Golly Miss Molly! How come she couldn't rememba who gave it to her? She is the Senate President isn't she? OMG!!!
      Well, yeah, that doesn't look good. And she was running to be your US Senator? Yikes. Makes the makule guys like Inouye and Akaka look like geniuses!

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        So I google'd his name and discovered his blog. He's a young whippersnapper (32) which may explain why he thought having a State-owned aircraft was a good thing.

Miulang
        Who requested that Karamatsu introduce his bill or was the plane purchase really his idea? Was his bill marked "by request" as well? It's most common at the leg for there to be "companion" bills so that if one bill gets introduced in the House, it also gets introduced in the Senate and representatives and senators cooperate to introduce each other's companion bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
          Who requested that Karamatsu introduce his bill or was the plane purchase really his idea? Was his bill marked "by request" as well? It's most common at the leg for there to be "companion" bills so that if one bill gets introduced in the House, it also gets introduced in the Senate and representatives and senators cooperate to introduce each other's companion bills.
          From his blog, Rep. Karamatsu is saying he introduced HB 336. It would be up to him to fess up whether it was his idea or one of his constituents'. But you gotta wonder, if the request came from one of the voters in his district, what were that person's motives? Did he have a slightly used aircraft he wanted to sell?

But even in Rep. Karamatsu's case: did he do any homework (like, couldn't he or his aides have looked into what the maintenance would have cost on the plane) before he submitted his bill, or was he just trying to score points for the number of bills he submitted? I would rather have a legislator submit fewer, more substantive bills than one who cluttered up the legislature with frivolous bills that took time away from debating more serious matters.

House Bill 336, Appropriation for State-Owned Aircraft - Appropriates $1,900,000 for the department of transportation to purchase a state-owned aircraft to be used in the conduct of state business. Requires the department to adopt rules concerning the use and maintenance of the aircraft. (Rep. Karamatsu's Senate Companion Bill: Senate Bill 1977 introduced by Senator Hanabusa)
          Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Well I guess we know who's not gonna win the next election
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Can't they just rent helicopters?
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Or they could connect up with Hobart.

Comment

DOH!!!!!
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Or they could take the SUPERFERRY!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      Or they could take the SUPERFERRY!!!

They could hold their meetings on the Superferry. There'd be enough time to get most of their agenda accomplished while on board the boat. Does the State use filibusters often? When the boat gets to its destination, they could then go on their junkets (just like Djou et al are going to Paris in the springtime to check out the "trams on rubber tires" that Honolulu might be buying).

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                      X