This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii Superferry - Chapter 8

Well, the Mauians have to either swallow it and accept the assistance, if any, or be habut and suffer. Things sound quiet on the front, has the count in protestors dwindled or is this just a temporary holiday break for them?
    http://lovedbylspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      Gee, I wonder how many of those same Maui protesters will be lined up yelling and screaming at the National Guard to go back to Oahu.
      Kind of pointless thing to do. The National Guard and their equipment is not going to stay in Maui for very long.

And if the National Guard or the State wanted to really quiet down the protesters. They would use the C-17 to airlift the stuff from Oahu to Maui and then use the SuperFerry for the trip from Maui to Oahu.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
        Kind of pointless thing to do.
        Indeed. My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I wrote what you quoted.
        That's why I had the in my original quote, like this:

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        Gee, I wonder how many of those same Maui protesters will be lined up yelling and screaming at the National Guard to go back to Oahu.
        Anyway, it seems that almost everything the Maui protesters yell and scream about is pointless. The operative term there being "almost."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupia View Post
          Things sound quiet on the front, has the count in protestors dwindled or is this just a temporary holiday break for them?
          I'd like to know too. Seems like the whole HSF has fallen off the news page. Will the protesters continue, or will they do something stupid so they can be in the news again?

Comment

HSF had to cancel today's Maui trip, as seas in the channel were reportedly dangerously high. Which is why you see it docked at Honolulu harbor this morning.

Yesterday they fought 20' swells, and from what I hear it was quite a "ride".
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
              HSF had to cancel today's Maui trip, as seas in the channel were reportedly dangerously high. Which is why you see it docked at Honolulu harbor this morning.

Are they simplying giving the pax for today a spot on tomorrow's run? Or do they comp them with airline tix? Or first class upgrade?

To me, this seems no different than flying out on the East Coast, flights get cancelled all the time due to weather.

Comment

I'm surprised that none of the protesters are claiming that GOD is siding with them and sending these swells against HSF .................

Comment

HSF had to cancel today's Maui trip, as seas in the channel were reportedly dangerously high.
                  Hmmm. I wonder how often that's going to happen and for how long a stretch? I hope lack of reliability doesn't become HSF fatal flaw. Unlike the mainland, we're not used to having to cancel trips because of weather. (At least for anything less then a hurricane.)

Comment

What seems sort of strange is that in the video, the ones yelling "go home we don't want you hea?"

They all look like; they NOT born in Hawaii?

Boy it never ceases to amaze me. How some people think they have the right to tell others what to do.
                    Especially when No one invited them hea in the first place!

would be a big laugh if there was a group of Hawaiians behind them.

Soon as they yell "Go home, we don't want you here" To the people from the ferry.

The group of Hawaiians tell them! "Well now you know how we feel about you being hea!"

Comment

Originally posted by HWNJAP View Post

Boy it never ceases to amaze me.
                      ...and it amazes me that you think you can tell who is born in Hawai`i based just on how they look.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        ...and it amazes me that you think you can tell who is born in Hawai`i based just on how they look.
                        U right! I not one expert like U! LOL!!!
                        Last edited by HWNJAP; December 27, 2007, 07:34 PM.

Comment

U right! I not one expert like U! LOL!!!
                          WTF?!! You come in hea and ack ....eh, neba mind.

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                            WTF?!! You come in hea and ack ....eh, neba mind.

Auntie Lynn
                            Oh? no dis respect Auntie!

But I not going be baited into a forum fight with Mr. Porter!

Eh up to him if he like try? But I'm no fool. Why I going let what he say get me mad?

I think you get me wrong Auntie!

Comment

Boy it never ceases to amaze me. How some people think they have the right to tell others what to do.
                              Especially when No one invited them hea in the first place.
                              I support the Hawaii Superferry.

How can you tell if a person is not born in Hawai'i by the way they look? It is racial and prejudice to think so.

I have a beautiful Ohana. The skin color of my relatives come in all colors. The majority were born in Hawaii. I have ukapila friends with different skin color and hair styles too.

We are Human Beings on planet Earth.

We have Laws to follow. Whatever the pilikia the Protesters have should be based on the Laws they're breaking.

I respect ALL Opinions but when it comes to being prejudice and racial, I will not stand for it.

Auntie Lynn

BTW: My grandchildren are white.
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

But I not going be baited into a forum fight with Mr. Porter!
                                No worry, beef curry. Now that I know who you are, I won't bother. You'll do just fine without my help.

Comment

Working...
                                X